News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Random Image Attachment Banner

Started by madman71, May 02, 2010, 03:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madman71

1.x will not happen.

Install Simple Portal, and you'll get your random image banner.

Biology Forums

Quote from: madman71 on April 04, 2011, 10:46:19 PM
1.x will not happen.

Install Simple Portal, and you'll get your random image banner.

Simple portal changes the dynamics of my website, so I'm not going to do that.

madman71

The only thing that i can think of that would change your site is that you would have a front entry page (portal) and the image banner anywhere or everywhere on your site. You would have way more banner placement options with SP.

with my banner, you are quite limited

Biology Forums

Quote from: madman71 on April 05, 2011, 02:20:22 PM
The only thing that i can think of that would change your site is that you would have a front entry page (portal) and the image banner anywhere or everywhere on your site. You would have way more banner placement options with SP.

with my banner, you are quite limited

I like your mod because I want to give users an idea of what people are uploading in threads. Maybe just the latest image upload and not necessarily a scrolls.

madman71

That's exactly what the SP image banner does. The SP banner does NOT scroll. it does exactly what mine does.  in fact, the writer of my mod is the writer of SP.

I dont run my mod anymore on my site, i use to the SP banner. There's more options.  If you want to see it in action i can let you view my site.

***it's a fine art adult site***

Biology Forums

Quote from: madman71 on April 05, 2011, 02:57:47 PM
T***it's a fine art adult site***

LOL, no thank you in that case. But I have seen a website in the past with it installed.

samozin

can u make it recent attached images from acertian board to be used on portal frontpage?

madman71

Quote from: samozin on April 09, 2011, 11:52:24 AM
can u make it recent attached images from acertian board to be used on portal frontpage?

sorry for the delay
with my mod, no. Not without more coding to the mod.  With SimplePortal, it may be possible to select a board to pull from.

moguns

Are you still around? This is a great mod. Can it be updated

madman71

As i have mentioned already, this mod will not be updated (at least by me). it has served its purpose for me.  I have now moved on to using the random image attachment banner that is found in the simple portal modification.

There's so much more control of the attachment banner that is found in simple portal.

http://www.simpleportal.net/

moguns

I agree but I just use smf as it is intended not as a full site. Less is better with smf.

NiceCarvings

On the simple portal version it doesn't link to the thread where the image was posted, or does it?

madman71

Quote from: NiceCarvings on July 11, 2012, 09:52:24 PM
On the simple portal version it doesn't link to the thread where the image was posted, or does it?

it does:
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=4118.0

Herrybraun

Thank you so much to post it. I really appreciate it.

Advertisement: