News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

iPhone/Android/Blackberry app to browse your forum - Tapatalk

Started by Tapatalk, May 04, 2010, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennLever

Oh, one more thing, I never changed the permissions on the files and the APP is working fine.

Shambles

I've found the permissions side of things rather "hit and miss".

If my folders aren't 755 then the phone app reports "unable to contact server", whereas I can get away with half the files being 644, the rest 755.

chrishicks

Does anyone have a quick fix for the "Re: Re:" thing when posting through Tapatalk by chance?

NightzKung

alfdmax

Hello,

I'm newbie with SMF.

I'm using 2.0.3 ver and recently I've installed Tapatalk, all files and folders into the mobiquo folder was changed to Cmod 0755 including itself, all seemed right but, mod was working but I've observed a problem with new threads, when you try to create a new thread on the board, this message is appearing:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tapatalk_push_reply() (previously declared in /srv/disk1/669395/www/4x4mania.ro/forum/mobiquo/push_hook.php:3) in /srv/disk1/669395/www/4x4mania.ro/forum/mobiquo/push_hook.php on line 47

Anyway the message is posted... also Tapatalk returns an error if you try to post new threads from the mobile...

The error appears just when you try to post a new thread, not in replies to existing threads.

Any ideas? Tapatalk is an usefull aplication and would be a pity to renounce to it due to this.

Thanks in advance.

alfdmax

Ok, I fixed and solved the problem... solution is here hxxp:support.tapatalk.com/threads/post-error.16675/#post-85579 [nonactive]

luuuciano

We were using version 3.0.1, the only modifications was a couple of lines in Load, then the mobiquo directory added... now version 3.2.3 has a lot of modified files... why?

Ufffff... uninstalled 3.0.1, then tried to install 3.2.3... files were created 0 bytes, no code changed at all... what a fail...

Which version is the latest one without touching a lot of files? someone knows it? any chance to download it?
We are using the pmx-subforums mod, with a lot of subforums... so, the idea was to merge some pmxsubforums code in the tapatalk code, to be able to use subforums... mmm complicated :(
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Rob Lightbody

The latest version of the plugin is 3.6.0.

Why isn't it up to date on here?  Shouldn't it be?

I'm having problems with it, and haven't had problems with the previous updates.

index.template.php in the classic theme isn't being updated by the install routine so my forum's tapatalk facility is now broken.

TheListener

Rob Lightbody

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 14, 2013, 12:00:17 PM
Rob have you been to their website?

www.tapatalk.com

Yes, trying to get help from them there, but just wondered, shouldn't they be updating the packages on here too?

4LP3RUZ1

yeah, they don't really update here. They do send an email about the updates though.

I don't have any problems with the latest version, otherwise I would have been bugged by a user by now :)

edit:
Ok I checked my error log, and there seems to be a bunch of dodgy stuff going on, some new includes in Load.php etc... not nice, lots of errors...
Frozen frogs are back :(

HunterP

This line in Load.php causes errors on my forum :

include('mobiquo/smartbanner.php');   $context['menu_separator'] = !empty($settings['use_image_buttons']) ? ' ' : ' | ';

Doesn't there need to be a $board_dir in the include? Also, there needs to be a newline at the end, this is crappy coding. Don't they bother to check the modification results before releasing it??

Anyway, the errors that appeared in my chatbox:

Warning: include(mobiquo/smartbanner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/hulpv/Sources/Load.php on line 1606

Warning: include(mobiquo/smartbanner.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/hulpv/Sources/Load.php on line 1606

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'mobiquo/smartbanner.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /www/htdocs/hulpv/Sources/Load.php on line 1606

4LP3RUZ1

yes,

Changed it to:
include($boarddir.'/mobiquo/smartbanner.php');

theres also another little bug that generates undefined warnings, check their boards for a fix.

Their new banner's hardcoded text strings aren't very nice too, they need a language file or something...
Frozen frogs are back :(

Toad442

Hi guys,

I got a problem that I'm hypothesizing came about with a Tapatalk install.  (At least it magically appeared when Tapatalk was installed.) My sites mobile users didn't complain much. My PC users saw all kinds of problems.

For starters, here's what I got for add ons...

1.    SMF 2.0.4 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
2.    SMF 2.0.3 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
3.    SMF 2.0.2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
4.    SimpleAds    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Stop Spammer    2.3.9    [ Uninstall ]
6.    Adk Snow Effect    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
7.    Favicon    1.2

The problems I was seeing are the following:

1.) Upon a simple PC browser search for my site, a user can click on one of the search engine supplied links for my site. Instead of going to the site, it would redirect the user to Google.
2.) Upon browser search again...click on my site link, the SMF side of my site would bring up a windows box with a zip file for advertizement. The box would ask the user how they wanted to open/save a zip file with ad junk in it. The given URL source for the ads seemed to be coming from same ads that were shown to my mobile tapatalk users.
3.) I get all kinds of time-out errors and slow downs.
4.) I get server time outs from these misfit ads. eg, what ever server is running the ad, it times out, and throws an error message at the PC users.

I've since uninstalled the tapatalk mod. The problems slowed down in intensity, but they are still there. I've talked to my hosting company. They checked everything from their side and found nothing wrong. I've got tons of server capacity available, so size of the site is not an issue. I'm running numerous other links to non-SMF content and pages. None of the other links are affected...just the SMF portion is seeing problems.

Any thoughts?

Is there such thing as a "SMF coding checker" software that I can run the SMF side of my site through?

Thanks

TheListener

Toad442 have you looked in the error log to see if there's anything?

Have you looked at the tapatalk website for any ideas?

www.tapatalk.com

Toad442

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 06, 2013, 05:33:15 PM
Toad442 have you looked in the error log to see if there's anything?

Have you looked at the tapatalk website for any ideas?

www.tapatalk.com

Yup, I looked at the logs and they are going batsnot crazy when one of the slowdowns hits. I cannot find any rhyme nor reason to the errors.

I tried to read hxxp:tapatalk.com [nonactive]. They're waaaay above my comprehension of SMF stuff.

TheListener

Toad442

Yup, give me an hour or two. One of the other admins erased them a few minutes ago.

TheListener

Quote from: Toad442 on May 06, 2013, 06:08:33 PM
One of the other admins erased them a few minutes ago.

Dip the other admin in hot oil.

Errors should never be deleted until fixed.

Toad442

Sorry about the lag...out on business.

Old Fossil, I'm seeing one critical error repeating itself. Repeated itself 30 times since we talked last It is;

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_msg)
Function: Display
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/sk***ard/public_html/smf/Sources/Display.php
Line: 842

I have all kinds of unique errors. Most of which have to do with members email. Do you need to see the unique errors?

The coding for around line 842 is as follows;
825   // Guests can't mark topics read or for notifications, just can't sorry.
826   if (!$user_info['is_guest'])
827   {
828      $mark_at_msg = max($messages);
829      if ($mark_at_msg >= $topicinfo['id_last_msg'])
830         $mark_at_msg = $modSettings['maxMsgID'];
831      if ($mark_at_msg >= $topicinfo['new_from'])
832      {
833         $smcFunc['db_insert']($topicinfo['new_from'] == 0 ? 'ignore' : 'replace',
834            '{db_prefix}log_topics',
835            array(
836               'id_member' => 'int', 'id_topic' => 'int', 'id_msg' => 'int',
837            ),
838            array(
839               $user_info['id'], $topic, $mark_at_msg,
840           ),
841       array('id_member', 'id_topic')
842         );
843     }

Sorry, I couldn't quite figure out how to get the "Code Quote" to work.

Also, in revisiting the 4 symptoms I had listed above, I had found a computer that was slow enough to watch what was going on. In symptom #1 with the redirect to google, it appears that my boards are connecting, then redirected to a website hxxp:gery.yourcrystalball.com [nonactive], then redirect to google. I have no idea what that site is and how it got there. Whatever the site is, it only shows up on a google search. From what I can tell,  that site is running a robot.txt file which blocks search engine bots, and limits that site to password access only. I've been all through the codes and I can't figure out how it got there. Googling a "robot.txt file" gave me...

hxxp:support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=156449 [nonactive]

...which offers my "less than savvy mind" absolutely nothing I understand.

Advertisement: