News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[2.0 RC3] marked as new post, when someone MODIFY the message

Started by Raffoz, May 07, 2010, 08:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffoz

what i think is:

1) in some forums there are sticky and important topics, made by only one message...
some time these posts are updated... but when this happens they don't appear with new posts inside, simply because there aren't new posts...

but in the same time, there's the necessity to let people know that the single message ot those posts has been updated...

how to do?

thanks... :)

2) is possible to do the same with every other posts in topics, even if in a topic there are more than 1 message?
MacOsX (last)
SMF 2.0.15 and 2.1.2 (different forums)
Chrome (last) or Safari (last)

CapadY

You can post a reply with the text "First message updated" :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Arantor

When you modify posts in 2.0 RC3 the topic is marked new again to indicate that there is something new to read in the topic... not because there's actually unread posts.

It's built in, it just does it as far as I know.

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on May 07, 2010, 11:21:18 AM
When you modify posts in 2.0 RC3 the topic is marked new again to indicate that there is something new to read in the topic... not because there's actually unread posts.

:o I didn't know that...it can be done? Is there such option or by default?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

Raffoz

Quote from: Arantor on May 07, 2010, 11:21:18 AM

no, it doesn't work...

i just tried with using two accounts...

if it should be a feature of RC3, shoulw we add it to bug section?
MacOsX (last)

Arantor

Hmm, I thought it was a feature of RC3, maybe I'm wrong, no idea :(

Raffoz

any news about it?

is it a bug, or it's not a feature?
MacOsX (last)

Advertisement: