ive broken it!! theme settings?!

Started by shed, May 09, 2010, 01:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shed

hi! i had my forum in a /forum file, but ive moved it to the root folder. ive changed the path in the admin server settings and for the themes but it still doesnt show a theme.... what have i missed?? i even tried to install another theme but that doesnt work either.

thanks

www.theblackberryshed.co.uk

shed

thanks for that, quite usefull :) but unfortantly its not fixed it, all settings are now correct but the theme still wont work :(

CapadY

Themes have their own path setting which aren't solved with repair settings:

Admin - Configuration - Themes and Layout - Theme Settings
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

shed

CapadY

what theme ? Maybe a link to your forum ?

shed

CapadY

I guarantee this is caused by wrong path settings. Most likely the Theme paths

Kays

If if that's the default theme something is not quite right as in looking the page source I see it linking to a AdkCurveRC3 theme. Is that theme installed?

Quote from: capady on May 09, 2010, 04:49:07 AM

Please recheck the settings there and do click on the link at the bottom of the page to correct the paths.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

shed

Quote from: Kays on May 09, 2010, 10:21:36 AM
If if that's the default theme something is not quite right as in looking the page source I see it linking to a AdkCurveRC3 theme. Is that theme installed?

Quote from: capady on May 09, 2010, 04:49:07 AM

Please recheck the settings there and do click on the link at the bottom of the page to correct the paths.

ADk theme is also installed, ive been trying all of them and non of them work. ive checked the theme settings and theyre are 100% correct..... also clicked the attempt to reset all themes link and it still makes no difference

Kays

Ok, you did change something because it's no longer looking for that theme.

How did you move the forums to the root of your site. Is the Themes folder at the same level as the Sources folder?

Are the permissions correct?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

shed

selected all files and dragged across, forum folder was empty and has been deleted

themes and sources folder all in root

themes set to 777
sources 755

themes are all set to 777

Kays

Try changing it to 755. Also check the folders in the Themes folder. Are they there and what are the permissions? It looks like they should be 755 for folders and 644 for files.

Do the avatars from the installed avatar packs show? Or image attachments?

My Mods

shed

changed to 755, no difference. all themes folders now 755. all files are 644.

avatars work ok, turned attatchments off so dont know. avatar folder is 777

Kays

If you go into your profile settings do you see the default avatar sets? Actors and Musicians?

In the Default theme folder, are the Scripts and Style folders there? What are the permissions there and are the proper files in those folders. Try 777 instead of 755.

My Mods

shed

i can see the option for the default avatars but no pics show.

ive changed the scripts folder to 777 but cannot see a style folder

Kays

Sorry, a CSS folder, not Styles. ::)

But I don't think that's it. Do you have WordPress installed and integrated into your forums. I'm seeing this error when I try to access either the Scripts or CSS folders.

The requested URL /wp-content/plugins/http-express/do_http_header.php was not found on this server.

My Mods

shed

ahhh that sounds maybe more like it..... i had wordpress in the root as a homepage, thats what ive deleted and put the forum there instead

Kays

It looks like something didn't get deleted or that some code will need to be removed.

Do you have many mods installed?

My Mods

shed

Advertisement: