Problem with PunBB 1.3.3 to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by danpaulson, May 12, 2010, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpaulson

Hi there,

I'm attempting to convert my PunBB 1.3.3 install to an SMF one, but I'm running in to some trouble. I'm using the official converter plugin from the site, and nearly the entire forum converts fine, but at the last step I receive the following error.

QuoteConverting banned users...
Warning: Missing argument 1 for convert_insert_id(), called in /home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/convert.php(1099) : eval()'d code on line 18 and defined in /home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/convert.php on line 2665

It goes on to do that 4 times, then claims success. Smileys then convert successfully. Following that, I receive this message:

QuoteRecalculating forum statistics...
Warning: require_once(/home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/Sources/DbPackages-mysqli.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 102

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/Sources/DbPackages-mysqli.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/vindsite/public_html/beta/forums/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 102

Refreshing the main forum index displays all the posts and users converted, but none of my passwords work, and I am unable to log in. I'm wondering if this is an issue with my server's php, or if I should try updating to PunBB 1.3.4 and give it another go. Thanks for any insight.

danpaulson

I got curious and updated to punbb 1.3.4. I'm now running in to the following error:

QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Duplicate entry '1084' for key 1

Any ideas?

danpaulson

Got past that issue with this tip: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=297184.msg2038790#msg2038790

However, I'm still experiencing the errors in the first post of this thread.

Norv

No, there's nothing wrong with your version(s) as far as I can tell.
I think the first issue is a problem with the converter, please try: (punbb_to_smf.sql, untested)

$id_ban_group = convert_insert_id();

$id_ban_group = convert_insert_id('ban_groups');

As well as (convert.php):
Code (find) Select

// Provide a easy way to give our converters an insert id.
function convert_insert_id($result)
{
global $smcFunc;

return $smcFunc['db_insert_id']($result);
}

Code (replace) Select

// Provide a easy way to give our converters an insert id.
function convert_insert_id($table, $no_prefix = false)
{
global $smcFunc, $db_prefix;

if (empty($no_prefix))
$table = $db_prefix . $table;
return $smcFunc['db_insert_id']($table);
}

About the second, when you installed SMF, did you by any chance get to choose mysqli (not mysql)?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

mt2isgreat

2 days ago i converted succesfully punBB 1.3.4 to 2.0 RC3 again with no errors.

Theres 1 line to change in sql file converter but u can use mine .

After conversion copy LogInOut,php to /Sources and all passwords will work. (If not try to clear cookies in your browser)

Advertisement: