News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Private Beta] [Demo] SMF Multiforum System

Started by gamesmad, May 11, 2010, 03:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yağız...

"And the mod goes into the Package Manager, he's not redistributing."

Still, he can't include any SMF files with his mod.

Jntg4

He's aware, he won't.

He's doing it somewhat similar to the old SMFXXL.
Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

Yağız...

rd

Jntg4, you can't really run this on a free hosts or shared host. Well at first toucan but after a few forums your done for at least in free hosts.

Most likely this will take a lot of CPU and most shared hosting have 10% limit while shared probably has a lot less. Simply use it at your own risk ^^

Anyways, OP, I love this thing! I don't think I would mind paying for the copyright removal as long as everything works great :D

gamesmad

Quote from: Liam. on June 01, 2010, 04:02:56 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm only really interested in SMF myself, but will the other multiforums be addons to the SMF multiforum?

Yes, the others will be addons to the SMF Multiforum System, so all created forums will have to be created through SMF.  This basically makes SMF the "default" forum for users, but addons will be available for those who want them.

Quote from: Yağız... on June 01, 2010, 04:05:40 PM
Will your package include *all* of the forums' installations?

No, support for each extra forum will be £10.

Quote from: amigozone on June 01, 2010, 05:22:28 PM
gr8
but i dnt lyk Disallowed Modifications part

You will have to speak to vbgamer about that, it's not up to me.

There is absolutely no SMF (or any other forum software) code distributed with SMF Multiforum System.  I learnt that the hard way last time round.  When an addon is installed, you will also have to separately download and upload files for the selected forum.

Quote from: Royalduke on June 01, 2010, 07:43:22 PM
Anyways, OP, I love this thing! I don't think I would mind paying for the copyright removal as long as everything works great :D

Thanks very much, I'm doing my best to make it the best multiforum available.
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Jntg4

Quote from: Royalduke on June 01, 2010, 07:43:22 PM
Jntg4, you can't really run this on a free hosts or shared host. Well at first toucan but after a few forums your done for at least in free hosts.

Most likely this will take a lot of CPU and most shared hosting have 10% limit while shared probably has a lot less. Simply use it at your own risk ^^

I'm using IsMyWebsite, whenever I need for bandwith, disk space, database space, databases, etc. they give me it.  If something does go wrong, then so be it and I close while giving the customers database dumps.

Jntg4

Quote from: gamesmad on June 01, 2010, 03:35:00 PM
Sorry I haven't been keeping this thread up to date.  I have been working on the admin panel, and also adding support for several more forums.  Currently supported forums are -

SMF 1.1.11
SMF 2.0 RC3
phpBB 3.0.7-PL1
myBB 1.4.13
myBB 1.6 Beta (1.5.0.1)
WhiteBoard .1.17
AEF 1.0.8

SMF Multiforum System will be released with support for SMF 1.1.11 and SMF 2.0 RC3.  It will be a free modification with no restriction in functionality, full admin panel included.

Addons, allowing users to choose from other types of forum, will be available at a cost of £10 ($15) each, and will include updates.  It will be specifically against the software license to create or use addons that have not been purchased.

Copyright removal will be available at a cost of £50 ($75).

Please note that full functionality for both versions of SMF, including the admin panel is totally free.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest running this script on a free host.  We're talking about a *lot* of space and bandwidth here.

ok, guess I won't be creating any for my host.  I can still install different multiforum scripts that are in no way integrated with SMF or the Multiforum System for each forum software I want to host right?  Or is it against the license to use, say AEF Multiforums, on the same domain as SMF Multiforums System.

gamesmad

Yes, it would be fine to use another separate multiforum script on the same domain, but it can't be integrated with SMF Multiforum System.
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Jntg4

ok, good, since I already found my scripts for AEF, MyBB, and phpBB.

Liam.

Seems like it's coming along nicely! Now stop answering questions and get working on it, or I'll have to lock you in my basement. Wait, I don't have a basement O_o

rd

Quote from: Liam. on June 01, 2010, 08:24:22 PM
Seems like it's coming along nicely! Now stop answering questions and get working on it, or I'll have to lock you in my basement. Wait, I don't have a basement O_o

LOL.

But I do :P We can lock him up down there :D

Jntg4

Not to rush you, but is there any timeframe on the public beta?

KensonPlays

Basements. This should be another topic. Yes, any timeframe? But take ur time coding it, don't want you DYING doing it!!

Jntg4

Oh, you said different versions of SMF SUCH AS 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC3, will we be able to use other SMF versions like 1.0.19?  Because I know some people that like 1.0 better for some reason.

Liam.

Quote from: Jntg4 on June 02, 2010, 01:56:26 PM
Oh, you said different versions of SMF SUCH AS 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC3, will we be able to use other SMF versions like 1.0.19?  Because I know some people that like 1.0 better for some reason.

Ask them why. And to be honest if it supports that, not too many people should choose it. Why would someone choose 1.0.X?

Jntg4

I don't know, maybe because of some mods that only work with 1.0 being more important to them than the features included in later versions.

Liam.

Most 1.0 mods have been updated to 1.1.X - and others there are alternatives for.

However, 2.0 RC1 and RC2/3 would be a more acceptible thing...

gamesmad

There most likely won't be support for SMF 1.0.X unless a lot of people want it.

I need some Beta testers.  If you are interested, make a post, the most appropriate people will be chosen.

Yağız...

Quote from: gamesmad on June 03, 2010, 01:50:44 PM

There most likely won't be support for SMF 1.0.X unless a lot of people want it.

I need some Beta testers.  If you are interested, make a post, the most appropriate people will be chosen.

I can help you on getting first public beta :)

Liam.

I'd also be happy to BETA test this for you ;) I have an underused VPS I could try it on...

Advertisement: