News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Private Beta] [Demo] SMF Multiforum System

Started by gamesmad, May 11, 2010, 03:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jntg4

I want to test. I have an SMF 2.0 RC3 forum set up for testing it already.  And I also have a heavily modded site I use for teasting different mods taht I don't use anymore that I can test it on.
Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

KensonPlays

Quote from: Yağız... on June 03, 2010, 01:57:35 PM
Quote from: gamesmad on June 03, 2010, 01:50:44 PM
Quote from: Jntg4 on June 02, 2010, 01:56:26 PM
Oh, you said different versions of SMF SUCH AS 1.1.11 and 2.0 RC3, will we be able to use other SMF versions like 1.0.19?  Because I know some people that like 1.0 better for some reason.

There most likely won't be support for SMF 1.0.X unless a lot of people want it.

I need some Beta testers.  If you are interested, make a post, the most appropriate people will be chosen.

I can help you on getting first public beta :)
I can too!

Jntg4

Jntg4

gamesmad

I'm doing my best, as soon as it's ready, beta testers will get it :)
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Jntg4

gamesmad

I have added support for a multiforum to have more than one database, and the created forums get evenly distributed between the different databases.  This stops a slowdown when a lot of forums are made, and is adjustable as not every server is the same.  There is no maximum number of databases either.  The beta will be available as soon as it can be :)
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Jntg4

KensonPlays

Except I would have to use one 200MB max sized DB. godaddy only allows 25 DB's on my middle level hosting. Once I get a job I will upgrade to unlimited and have unlimited DB. That will be good.

~DS~

Quote from: Kcmartz on June 14, 2010, 11:19:06 AM
Except I would have to use one 200MB max sized DB. godaddy only allows 25 DB's on my middle level hosting. Once I get a job I will upgrade to unlimited and have unlimited DB. That will be good.
*headdesk*
There's no such thing as unlimited.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

KensonPlays

Well you know what I mean, enough for like 25 years, for example. 200MB will last for a single install, but a free forum host, you will need bigger DB if you were to use a single DB. if I was allowed unlimited DB, I would do that. but my limit is 25 for my account, and 200MB each...

Liam.

Quote from: Kcmartz on June 15, 2010, 01:40:06 PM
Well you know what I mean, enough for like 25 years, for example. 200MB will last for a single install, but a free forum host, you will need bigger DB if you were to use a single DB. if I was allowed unlimited DB, I would do that. but my limit is 25 for my account, and 200MB each...

Thats still not unlimited. Look at all the threads in the hosting review boards; Runic's ones especially.

KensonPlays

[super angry sarcasm]
I know! I said "like" ""unlimited"" not unlimited, but like a GB or two would be enough for me!
[/super angry sarcasm]

rd

Any other updates on this?

I just recently got a VPS to run a free hosting and this would be perfect :) I don't wanna use the crappy myBB multiforum.

Anyways, my VPS should be able to handle it and I can always scale up if I have to.

CentOS 5
Apache Powered (Might switch to a faster one like Lightspeed)
512 RAM brustable to 2 GB
Lots of bandwidth :)
Enough diskspace in my opinion
Has full LAMP stack.

Anyways, I want this now :P

tar626

good job!! ;D ;D ;D

smp420

Quote from: Kcmartz on June 14, 2010, 11:19:06 AM
Your better off getting a vps than staying with godaddy.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

KensonPlays

If I was allowed to switch out. After my client that I will start on in a couple weeks I might switch to hostmonster or something with cPanel. Start with lowest plan to save monry my dad will still pay for domain i'd pay for hosting on hostmonster (unless you suggest something different)

smp420

I would not go with hostmonster simply because they offer unlimited diskspace and bandwidth, they are an overseller. But anyways lets not go off topic here this isn't the hosting board.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

gamesmad

I don't want to give away to much yet (and this isn't the correct board for it), but those who are considering getting a hosting plan for SMF Multiforum System may want to wait a few days before making a decision on which host to use.

Advertisement: