Weather Status

Started by Senkusha, May 12, 2010, 11:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senkusha

I was wondering if there was mod in existence that could update the News to display the current weather where a server is located.  Special events like thunderstorms or high winds could be displayed warning members that a server outage could occur.
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Mick.

Senkusha

Yeah, but something a little more sophisticated.  I'd like to be able to determine when there are bad conditions and post a news banner.  Maybe activate the news fader, set the background color to red or something to catch attention and display a message that severe weather is in the area and the server may be affected.

I tried the weather widget, and it appears to be a <script>.  Is there a way to intercept that code and parse it?
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Mick.

Quote from: Senkusha on May 12, 2010, 08:20:49 PM
Yeah, but something a little more sophisticated.  I'd like to be able to determine when there are bad conditions and post a news banner.  Maybe activate the news fader, set the background color to red or something to catch attention and display a message that severe weather is in the area and the server may be affected.

I tried the weather widget, and it appears to be a <script>.  Is there a way to intercept that code and parse it?

Put it on a "top" block.

or.....

try this too......

add your location in the search bar up top.
http://www.wunderground.com/geo/BannerPromo/US/IL/Quincy.html

Advertisement: