News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Facebook Like Mod

Started by Mick., May 13, 2010, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

dude i need help as i have followed all required steps but still cant see this mod on topics...??

~DS~

Please do tell, any mods installed, are you using custom theme, what browser, any errors in the log?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

!RFAN

i have installed "add this" and "social bookmark"
using custom theme and there was one error while installing but i did it manually..it was easy

Mick.

Quote from: amigozone on May 17, 2010, 02:57:50 AM
i uninstalled pretty urls and then installed this mod... but i cant see any thing on my forum like u r saying i am suppose to see after installing this mod
i enabled the board for this md..
whats wrong??

Does your custom theme have a display.template.php?

Mick.

Hey guys, for Facebook Like Mod v1.3 using open graph protocol, i need all the "likes" i can get from you for testing purposes. ;)

http://www.bluedevilcustoms.com/index.php/topic,29.0.html

Thanx!

~DS~

Quote from: bluedevil on May 17, 2010, 10:17:59 AM
Hey guys, for Facebook Like Mod v1.3 using open graph protocol, i need all the "likes" i can get from you for testing purposes. ;)

Thanx!
Done.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Mick.

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 17, 2010, 10:23:01 AM
Done.

Did it show as "yourname likes SimpleDesk for SMF on bluedevil customs." in your FB profile?

~DS~

Quote from: bluedevil on May 17, 2010, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 17, 2010, 10:23:01 AM
Done.

Did it show as "yourname likes SimpleDesk for SMF on bluedevil customs." in your FB profile?
Siii.  :D

Mick.

~DS~

Ouch, hope you can figure and squash this bug.

Mick.

Where you able to see the simpledesk page in FB?   

~DS~

Mick.

~DS~

Mick.

~DS~

Mick.

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 17, 2010, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: bluedevil on May 17, 2010, 10:55:22 AM
Yes, that simpledesk's official page but,....

Where does this link takes you?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SimpleDesk-for-SMF/122566027772681#!/pages/SimpleDesk-for-SMF/122566027772681
It takes me to your topic
But in this url it shows
http://www.bluedevilcustoms.com/index.php/topic,29.0.html?PHPSESSID=80o21qq9lo605s4825oah356g7#!/pages/SimpleDesk-for-SMF/122566027772681

I am guessing it's ok?

That's what i thought.

V.1.3 has in admin--->miscellaneous---> a place to add your App ID# and your facebook's ID # for admin purposes in FB.   When users "like" a topic, a page is created in facebook just like any other personal page you create in Facebook.   ....but, only admins can see it to see how many folks liked it and you can also see the graph in the nsights page.   Also you could stream upadates to those who liked it.

No bug.  FB says:
Some sites may have hundreds or even thousands of pages with Open Graph protocol meta data.

!RFAN

Quote from: bluedevil on May 17, 2010, 08:41:13 AM
i uninstalled pretty urls and then installed this mod... but i cant see any thing on my forum like u r saying i am suppose to see after installing this mod
whats wrong??

no,
it uses default

Mick.

Quote from: amigozone on May 18, 2010, 05:58:52 AM
Quote from: bluedevil on May 17, 2010, 08:41:13 AM
whats wrong??

no,
it uses default

In admin---->configuration---->modification settings---->miscellaneous,   tick the box.

william777

Does this mod work for SMF 1.1.11?

Advertisement: