News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Facebook Like Mod

Started by Mick., May 13, 2010, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paq

rommul

Quote from: cubby61 on August 05, 2011, 09:19:40 AM
I just added this MOD to my newly upgraded SMF 2.0 site and everything worked great for the first day.  Then I noticed that when I clicked Like on a topic it would only post a link on Facebook to my board's Index (main page) and not the actual topic itself.

I uninstalled this app and reinstalled and that seemed to fix it.  A day later it was back to the same behaviour.  Another uninstall and reinstall didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?  The site is http://everythingsg.com/forum

Same thing here. The link on facebook redirects to the main board not the topic itself.

Another Rob

Great mod, just having one problem!

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3, so it wouldn't install. I changed it to SMF 2.0 and it installed just fine. Went in to Configuration and enabled it, then enabled it for my subforum. Problem: Guests are not allowed to read our forum, only registered members. I'm logged in and "like" a topic, but it just says "Login" when viewed on Facebook. Is there a way to fix this?! Maybe just grab the title when posting on FB.

Thanks!

PLAYBOY

We need an update to 2.0.1!!!

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

iPhoneDestek

This modification is not comfortable with smf 2.0.1. Although I have enabled smf 2.0 emulation.

$$  Q u a l i t y    I n f o r m a t i o n    L i n e  for iPhone $$

<   M O D  |  T R A N S L A T O R  |  TO  |  TUR  |  A N D   |  G E R   >

xsisonline

first of all thanks for this great application... and now i want to ask something. i am facing some problem....

suppose my forum post is http://unleashmytalent.com/index.php?topic=302
but when someone likes my this post then instead of this, http://unleashmytalent.com/index.php?topic=302layout%3D%22standard%22 is chared on his fb profile
why does layout%3D%22standard%22 is added to the link..
Moreover there should pe post name also shared on fb however only Website name is shared on the Facebook

see the attached pic for more description...
please help me... i dont want to change the mod.. this is the simplest and best i can find

Jade Elizabeth

xsisonline you have to have your forum open to visitors for the topic to show I expect :).

There's also no point in sharing if no one can see the topic.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

xsisonline

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on February 12, 2012, 03:07:33 AM
xsisonline you have to have your forum open to visitors for the topic to show I expect :).

There's also no point in sharing if no one can see the topic.

forum is open to all :)
still i am facing the same problem :(

Ventic

when i do a like it appears to me in  facebook like this:
my name
ok
Gaming-Paradise.net - Index
www.gaming-paradise.net

i mean its not showing the topics link

edit: you and 29 others like this.

lol only 2 ppl like this and it appears that 29 ppl like this?

Ventic

Quote from: Ventic on February 20, 2012, 08:17:57 AM
when i do a like it appears to me in  facebook like this:
my name
ok
www.gaming-paradise.net

i mean its not showing the topics link

edit: you and 29 others like this.

lol only 2 ppl like this and it appears that 29 ppl like this?

jimv8673

trying to get this mod to work on 2.0.2  with the box-it theme by akyne,  wont work,  help please :)

Misa95

Hi! Sorry for my English. Does this mod makes tables in databases? And what's name of table he make?

Dan_y2k

Just the PERFECT mod I was looking for. :)

Will try to emulate to 2.0 with SMF 2.0.2, but would really love it if this mod will keep getting updates.
Looks very good.

EDIT: Well, tried emulating & installing. It does not work. I guess I'll have to use this mod instead.

EDIT 2: Well, the second mod is even better! Simple to use and install, and I don't need a facebook app. :) I recommend on using it, and hoping it will get updated. :)
Regards,
Dan_y2k.

impreza

Very cool, thank you for this
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Apllicmz

Nice work
when update dont forget portuguese Files

<file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[?>]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
//Begin mod Fecebook Like translate by Candidosa2
$txt['facebookLike_allow'] = '[FacebookLike] Activar t&oacute;pico como gosto no seu f&oacute;rum?';
$txt['facebookLike_board_enable'] = 'Activar Gosto do Facebook nos t&oacute;picos [Facebook Like mod]';
$txt['facebookLike_board_enable_desc'] = 'Esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o permite que as pessoas digam gosto nos t&oacute;picos que estão lendo.';
//End mod Facebook Like

]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>
<file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="after"><![CDATA[?>]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
//Begin mod Fecebook Like translate by Candidosa2
$txt['facebookLike_allow'] = '[FacebookLike] Activar t&oacute;pico como gosto no seu f&oacute;rum?';
$txt['facebookLike_board_enable'] = 'Activar Gosto do Facebook nos t&oacute;picos [Facebook Like mod]';
$txt['facebookLike_board_enable_desc'] = 'Esta op&ccedil;&atilde;o permite que as pessoas digam gosto nos t&oacute;picos que estão lendo.';
//End mod Facebook Like

]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

clothahump

How can I un-install this mod, it is not working and I would like to replace it.

SergeantAsh

Personally, having tested other Facebook LIKE mods, I found this one to be the neatest/tidiest in the forum. So, as the author has left this mod behind, I've uplifted it and made the following improvements:

- Enabled compatibility with 2.x.x upwards.
     - Enabled 'ShowFaces' Facebook feature.
     - Fixed issue with link not directing properly to topic URL due to bad syntax.
     - Reworded the admin panel text.
     - Added 'Auto Redirect' in installation routine to automatically take the user to the admin panel.
     - Altered so that the LIKE link shows on all posts in a topic, not just the first.

Please test in a Dev environment before implementing into a Production forum, but I am personally running it myself in mine and after thoroughly testing it, I'm really pleased with it!
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Arantor

Sadly the mod does not appear to have a licence that permits you to modify and redistribute an updated version :(

SergeantAsh

Quote from: Arantor on December 14, 2014, 11:30:19 AM
Sadly the mod does not appear to have a licence that permits you to modify and redistribute an updated version :(

Well, its outdated code which didn't work, I have simply enhanced it :) I somehow doubt that he'll complain!
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Advertisement: