Facebook Like Mod

Started by Mick., May 13, 2010, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

The author is not available. However there is a small matter of violating copyright law that the team should really address.

SergeantAsh

Quote from: Arantor on December 14, 2014, 02:08:08 PM
The author is not available. However there is a small matter of violating copyright law that the team should really address.

But isn't it up to the author as to whether they wish to impose a copyright on a mod that they have written and distributed?
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Arantor

Not entirely, no. Copyright persists in something the moment it is created and without a licence, any distribution is borderline infringement. There is, however, an effective licence attached on top of any mod that is distributed via the mod site, where if nothing is specified, the old SMF licence is used, which only allowed distribution from the official site... Not here and certainly not of modified versions.

Sucks, though it has to be enforced.

SergeantAsh

Quote from: Arantor on December 14, 2014, 02:39:25 PM
Not entirely, no. Copyright persists in something the moment it is created and without a licence, any distribution is borderline infringement. There is, however, an effective licence attached on top of any mod that is distributed via the mod site, where if nothing is specified, the old SMF licence is used, which only allowed distribution from the official site... Not here and certainly not of modified versions.

Sucks, though it has to be enforced.

Ah, fair enough - well hopefully this one will help those in need...whilst it's still available, too me a short while to sort/improve it too, so would be a shame to see it going to waste :)
Quote"Moderation has been called a virtue to limit the ambition of great men, and to console undistinguished people for their want of fortune and their lack of merit."

Bounty_y2k

I was searching but I couldn't find an answer. Can I somehow change the place of like button next to quote,modify and remove buttons?
And can i display only like button without text?

SergeantAsh

Quote from: Bounty_y2k on January 14, 2015, 06:50:36 AM
I was searching but I couldn't find an answer. Can I somehow change the place of like button next to quote,modify and remove buttons?
And can i display only like button without text?

You'd have to alter the customisation yourself to achieve this.

bharat

I instelled this mod and I see that I have 2 likes buttons in each topic, how can I fix it?

njtweb

Still supported? Tried on 2.0.15 and got an incompatible or corrupt message. I know I can change to 2.0 to emulate, I'd just like to make sure it's designed to work if correctly after install and changing back to 2.0.15

Thank you!

Mick.

It's an old mod. Even if it was compatible today, I'd doubt it would work. Facebook changes their api code about every week. Not worth the effort these days to keep updating. I think vbgamer has a mod like this that works

njtweb

Quote from: Mick. on May 15, 2019, 07:19:07 AM
It's an old mod. Even if it was compatible today, I'd doubt it would work. Facebook changes their api code about every week. Not worth the effort these days to keep updating. I think vbgamer has a mod like this that works

Thank you Mick!

Advertisement: