News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF4iPhone Mod

Started by Fabius85, May 14, 2010, 01:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

is there a way to make the header and footer 'menu' always stay at the top/bottom of the screen?

something like this would be amazing:

http://fortysevenmedia.com/blog/archives/making_your_footer_stay_put_with_css/

can someone post an edited version of the theme maybe? :)

butchs

That is a theme question.  You may want to ask it here.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

steve51184

Churada

i'm getting the following error after installing this on RC3
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home2/chnlovei/public_html/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php  on line 79

That just seems to be the start of this mod, I have attached the file (commented out for the moment so the forum loads).
I'd love to install this, not sure what's wrong.

butchs

That error has nothing to do with the mod.  It looks like someone manually edited the "Modifications.english.php" file.  You are missing a ;. Try changing $txt['Latest Posts'] = 'Latest Posts' to $txt['Latest Posts'] = 'Latest Posts';

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Leemy

This mod is conflicting with the Pretty URLs mod (I dont think its a global issue).  Pretty URLs rewrites URLs to get the board name, topic name, etc.  But in SMF4iPhone, the bottom row of buttons like Home and Messages, do not point to the right URL anymore.

To see an example of this, you can visit my site using your iphone: http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/index.php

View a topic or post, then click "Home" at the bottom.  404 error as it adds an extra "index.php"

Fabius85

Quote from: Leemy on July 23, 2010, 12:28:13 PM
This mod is conflicting with the Pretty URLs mod (I dont think its a global issue).  Pretty URLs rewrites URLs to get the board name, topic name, etc.  But in SMF4iPhone, the bottom row of buttons like Home and Messages, do not point to the right URL anymore.

To see an example of this, you can visit my site using your iphone: http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/index.php

View a topic or post, then click "Home" at the bottom.  404 error as it adds an extra "index.php"
first of all, this is not a Mod matter, this is a Theme matter.
by the way, yep, that mod replaces all the URLs. and the buttons of the bar at the bottom, as "Menu" link on upper-right side, has a "#" link (which means it anchors to same page), and use a javascript onClick. so you'd better ask PrettyURL developer to fix this URL replacement which should just not happen, i cannot do anything to fix this :-\

gamerzworld

I'm getting "SMF4iPhone Mod requires SMF caching to be turned on, goto Admin > Server Settings > Caching, to remove this error" errors in my error log. Since the mod seems to be working fine and on your mod page it only states that it supports the caching system, is this an error message you forgot to remove or is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Missed the "Skip cache errors" option in the mod settings.

butchs

Then you are cool.   8)

Churada

Quote from: butchs on July 13, 2010, 09:37:51 PM
That error has nothing to do with the mod.  It looks like someone manually edited the "Modifications.english.php" file.  You are missing a ;. Try changing $txt['Latest Posts'] = 'Latest Posts' to $txt['Latest Posts'] = 'Latest Posts';

Thanks very much, that fixed the issue, I just realised i forgot to thank you.

kaamaru

If you have the recatcha mod enabled, the text is in italian. Look at the register.template.php. It looks like this:

if(!empty($modSettings['recaptcha_enabled']) && ($modSettings['recaptcha_enabled'] == && !empty($modSettings['recaptcha_public_key']) && !empty($modSettings['recaptcha_private_key'])))

{

echo
'

<div id="verification_control">

<script type="text/javascript">

var RecaptchaOptions = {

theme : \'custom\',

lang : \'it\',

custom_theme_widget: \'recaptcha_widget\',

};

</script>
<div id="recaptcha_widget" style="display: none;">
<div id="recaptcha_image"></div>
<!--div class="recaptcha_only_if_incorrect_sol" style="color: red;">Sbagliato, riprova<br /><br /></div-->
<span class="recaptcha_only_if_image">Riscrivi le due parole:<br /><br /></span>
<!--span class="recaptcha_only_if_audio">Scrivi ciÚ che hai sentito:<br /><br /></span-->
<input id="recaptcha_response_field" name="recaptcha_response_field" type="text"><br /><br />
<a class="ottieni" href="javascript:Recaptcha.reload();">Ottieni un\'altro CAPTCHA</a>

<!--div class="recaptcha_only_if_image"><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.switch_type(\'audio\')">Ottieni un suono CAPTCHA</a></div><br />
<div class="recaptcha_only_if_audio"><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.switch_type(\'image\')">Ottieni un\'immagine CAPTCHA</a></div><br /><br />
<div><a href="javascript:Recaptcha.showhelp()">Help</a><br />
</div-->

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://api.recaptcha.net/challenge?k=6LcfswYAAAAAAFcljyRRV4vXfZuL-BHYqe6RT0un&lang=it"></script>

<noscript>
<iframe src="http://api.recaptcha.net/noscript?k=6LcfswYAAAAAAFcljyRRV4vXfZuL-BHYqe6RT0un&lang=it" height="200" width="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<textarea name="recaptcha_challenge_field" rows="3" cols="40"></textarea>
<input type="\'hidden\'" name="\'recaptcha_response_field\'" value="\'manual_challenge\'">
</noscript>

</div>'
;

Fabius85

yep, sorry, i made that for my website when i first worked on the theme and forgot to make that strings localizable, i'll fix that in next release :)

kaamaru

BTW it doesn't work anymore. It keeps saying it's incorrect, when it isn't.

Anyhow I see you got it working on your site. Good luck!

butchs

Poor mod takes the blame again.   :o

Fabius85

Quote from: Calumks on July 30, 2010, 06:59:54 PM
BTW it doesn't work anymore. It keeps saying it's incorrect, when it isn't.

Anyhow I see you got it working on your site. Good luck!
i forgot to update that part since RC3 was out (i didnt even remember it was there, that's why also it didnt get localized), so it probably stopped working. i will fix it :)

kaamaru

eng_HK

Hi all
I installaed the Mod and the theme,also done the task from the maintanance log, also the flag for selectable theme are enable, but still continuing to load only the default theme and not the 4iphone...

Any suggestions?

butchs

Try installing the theme first then the mod will recognize it for you.

Exochat

Excellent Mod.... no issues with it at all, took a couple of attempts to get it going but works fantastic on Android phone.

Problem the developer has with this sort of Mod is the fact that unless he owns every single piece of mobile kit, there are bound to be people that find bugs or issues that may be because of what they are using and nothing to do with the Mod in question. As such it will always be open to criticism but I want to congratulate him on an excellent development!

butchs

Thanks...  I did most of the code blind, with no mobile device, Fabius85 was my seeing eye dog and beta tester.   :)

Advertisement: