News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimpleAds

Started by [SiNaN], May 14, 2010, 02:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

Quote from: amadeucallow on July 07, 2015, 06:24:06 PM
I'm trying to install but it do now appear in forum

My advice would be don't and uninstall it if you can.
wasted an hour yesterday trying to get my forum back as it was and there wasn't any help here either!

briggz5d

Hello Guys,

been using Simple ads on SMF 2.0.9 smoothly and was able to utilize the Header below_menu and after_first_post ad positions.
I used a 2.0.10 Large upgrade yesterday and reinstalled all mods.

After first post position has now moved to Above first post. Could someone assist by telling me what code to copy / paste (div for after_first_post ) that would move the ad position to be After first post only?

thanks.

greatescape

Dear everyone,

My forum stopped working after installing the ''SimpleAds'' mod.

Link to the evildoer in question: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2557

This is the error message that shows up when I try to access my website:

Unable to load the 'adsheaders_above' template.

Nothing else, only that.

Some facts to consider:

1. I was able to install the mod. There was no warning message; the mod was suitable for my version of SMF (2.0.x).

2. I am locked out of the admin section of my forum. Usually, I would simply uninstall (1st step) and delete (2nd step) the mod. That is not possible.

3. I contacted hosting support, but they were not able to do anything. Backups are available, but those backups are 2 days old. I spent the past 2 days building the forum, so using that backup wouldn't be helpful (back to start).

4. I removed the mod from the ''packages'' folder via FTP server / file manager, but that didn't fix it.

So now I hope someone here can help me. How to fix this issue? What is the problem? :)

==

I hope to be hearing from someone soon :).

margarett

A quick way to reverse the installation would be:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum
(which should remind to you to *always* take a backup of your forum before installing new stuff :P )

But the error is odd, I don't see any template call to "adsheaders" in the MOD code :-/
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

This mod needs some serious troubleshooting by the Cust team if you ask me. It killed my forum as well back in the days, and there are *many* reports of that adsheaders_above thing in this topic, all of them after a successful installation --> not normal.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

why does it need troubleshooting by the Customization team?

It is the author's responsibility to update, fix or otherwise improve his/her mod. The customization team is not responsible (and in most cases, not legally entitled) to update mods.

If there is a serious issue with the mod, then report it using the report feature on the mod page and it can be removed from distribution..... unfortunately, removing it also locks this support topic.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Then our search function is messed :P because I searched for "adsheaders" in this topic and got no results. And now only my previous post shows in the same search...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well because it's not an universal issue, so it doesn't need to be reported in such a bad way (and I for one, won't report a mod by SiNaN, who is SimplePortal developer, with me being on his Support Team), since it doesn't affect *all* forums I can't just say "hey this mod is unsafe remove it".
However, it does have a big problem with some forum configurations, that is very weird. I never said the Cust Team needs to update it, but perhaps help to troubleshoot it, being a potential forum killer in some unknown circumstances.
I honestly tried this mod, it killed my forum (tried twice, both times killed it), but installed successfully on a customer's forum (had warned him about it, though).

As for locking the topic... That's a bit obvious, it wouldn't be much useful I guess ;D

Quote from: margarett on February 12, 2016, 12:24:16 PM
Then our search function is messed :P because I searched for "adsheaders" in this topic and got no results. And now only my previous post shows in the same search...
Had some weird results as well, a few weeks back I couldn't search at all, everytime I tried it was saying that I had done a search less than 30 seconds before. Unfortunately, I cannot post in the relevant section, so I couldn't report it.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

greatescape

I managed to solve the problem manually.

I removed the simple ads template file. After doing this, the forum worked again, but it showed a new error (this time within the theme), about how the ads template file is missing. So what I did was reupload the standard ads template file via file manager. This solved both issues. The site, including admin, was completely accessible again. I uninstalled the simple ads mod, and deleted it from package.

I hope ^^ that makes sense to anyone experiencing the same problem :)

PS; The picture puzzle is annoying, 3rd time that I have to retype it. Can't you make it a bit easier?

Irisado

Quote from: greatescape on February 12, 2016, 03:45:57 PM
PS; The picture puzzle is annoying, 3rd time that I have to retype it. Can't you make it a bit easier?

Unfortunately, we cannot, as it would make it too easy for more spammers to post here if we did.  It will go away away after you have made ten (legitimate) posts :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

bob799

Hi All,

Im new to the forum software I am using 2.0.11 and the Exodus reposive theme. I have a small problem with (simple ads) when I setup advertisements on my board I get the advertisements twice instead of just the single ad. I have attached images to show what I mean. Can anyone help or know how I can fix it instead of the same ads doubling up on the board?

Many Thanks

Rob

Kindred

That means that you apparently installed the mod twice....

the only solution is to MANUALLY edit the code whereever the mod code got duplicated
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

KirkhamsEbooks

Are the links in the ads I place dofollow?

Rick

br360

Unless you are specifically using a nofollow tag in the html code for your ads, the links should be dofollow.

societyofrobots

Does not seem to be working for SMF 2.0.19. It uninstalls and installs without error. It's still running my ads without issue. However, going to Advertisements in admin creates this error:

Call to undefined function create_function()
I am unable to change any of my ads. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Diego Andrés

create_function() is deprecated since PHP 7.2
You would need to manually fix it, but you can also install this mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4300

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Advertisement: