News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Top Menu

Started by smp420, May 15, 2010, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threepwud

Quote from: Brack1 on July 27, 2010, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: Threepwud on July 27, 2010, 01:23:51 PM
Lovely!

Is there any way to get this on the Core theme or is it simply not an option?

Was there an option for installing the mod onto themes other than default?

Yes thanks mate, there was. I installed it successfully on 10 or so other themes, had to add the code manually myself to two, and skipped on 3 others inclusing the core theme. I simply could not find the relevant code to replace in index.template.php so was wondering whether I was doing something silly or whether it was the theme's design.

Cheers!

MATTEK

I'm trying to uninstall this and I'm getting major errors. My objective is to properly uninstall and then reinstall. When manually installing, I see Find >? or whatever. There are hundreds of those. Does it matter which one?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

winky100

Is there a way to make the topmenu fixed in place? When I make the browser narrow the topmenu is displayed on a differrent line. I just want the topmenu to stay where it is , all  on one line, when the browser width is changed.

Thanks.

theguise

Quote from: winky100 on July 30, 2010, 06:12:39 AM
Is there a way to make the topmenu fixed in place? When I make the browser narrow the topmenu is displayed on a differrent line. I just want the topmenu to stay where it is , all  on one line, when the browser width is changed.

It's aligned to the right, so I don't think it can be changed from doing that.  Maybe if you aligned it to the center in the index.template file that may work.

MATTEK

Quote from: MATTEK on July 29, 2010, 02:00:10 PM
I'm trying to uninstall this and I'm getting major errors. My objective is to properly uninstall and then reinstall. When manually installing, I see Find >? or whatever. There are hundreds of those. Does it matter which one?

I'm looking for help. The buttons that I had up there have randomly disappeared.
SMF 2.0.1

theguise

Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 12:40:55 PM

I'm looking for help. The buttons that I had up there have randomly disappeared.

You're going to have to manually remove the code from the file it looks like.  Just find and delete the relevant code from whatever document you're getting the error from.

MATTEK

Quote from: theguise on August 01, 2010, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on August 01, 2010, 12:40:55 PM

You're going to have to manually remove the code from the file it looks like.  Just find and delete the relevant code from whatever document you're getting the error from.

Well the mod is still installed. I think I just need to edit the file that enabled the display of the menu buttons.
SMF 2.0.1

theguise

Why are you uninstalling it in the first place?

MATTEK

Quote from: theguise on August 01, 2010, 01:50:42 PM
Why are you uninstalling it in the first place?
Because the tabs disappeared. I figured uninstalling and reinstalling would bring them back. However, I think I could avoid that by editing the file that permits the display of the tabs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
SMF 2.0.1

smp420

Did you switch themes or anything?
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

theguise

// The code for the menu you installed dont you remember it?
   echo '
<div id="site_menu" class="align_right" style="padding-top:9px;">
<ul class="dropmenu" id="site_nav">';
   for ($i=1; $i<6; $i++)
      {
         if (!empty($modSettings['tab_url' . $i]) && !empty($modSettings['tab_title' . $i]))
         {
            echo '
               <li id="button', $i, '">
                  <a class="firstlevel" href="', $modSettings['tab_url' . $i], '">
                     <span class="firstlevel">', $modSettings['tab_title' . $i], '</span>
                  </a>
               </li>';
         }
      }
   echo'
         </ul>
            </div>

This should be in your themes Index.Template.php file, have you checked that out to make sure it was still there?

MATTEK

Quote from: theguise on August 01, 2010, 02:19:07 PM

// The code for the menu you installed dont you remember it?
   echo '
<div id="site_menu" class="align_right" style="padding-top:9px;">
<ul class="dropmenu" id="site_nav">';
   for ($i=1; $i<6; $i++)
      {
         if (!empty($modSettings['tab_url' . $i]) && !empty($modSettings['tab_title' . $i]))
         {
            echo '
               <li id="button', $i, '">
                  <a class="firstlevel" href="', $modSettings['tab_url' . $i], '">
                     <span class="firstlevel">', $modSettings['tab_title' . $i], '</span>
                  </a>
               </li>';
         }
      }
   echo'
         </ul>
            </div>

This should be in your themes Index.Template.php file, have you checked that out to make sure it was still there?

It is not there.
SMF 2.0.1

theguise

Well that's odd it would have just dissappeared, anyway if you're running 2.0RC3 look at the manual instructions here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse and you want to do your edit in the index.template section

MATTEK

SMF 2.0.1

smp420

Ok I finally got the new version up that allows you to open tabs in a new page there is a seperate option for each tab. I removed the Russian translation because I added some new strings that wernt in the translation. Now I can finally get started on a premium version.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

MATTEK

Quote from: smp420 on August 01, 2010, 03:10:18 PM
Ok I finally got the new version up that allows you to open tabs in a new page there is a seperate option for each tab. I removed the Russian translation because I added some new strings that wernt in the translation. Now I can finally get started on a premium version.

I manually installed 1.2. In order to get this newer version working I assume I'll have to manually uninstall 1.2 first. However, I'm not seeing the parse option on the mod page for 1.2 Are the edits basically the same or will I need some assistance?
SMF 2.0.1

smp420

The edits are basically the same I could create an updater Just give me a couple minutes.

Edit: here is the updater just install it with the package manager the only thing you will have to do is redo your links.

KensonPlays

Any idea for a timeframe for premium?

Bugo

Updated russian translation.

smp420

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 01, 2010, 05:54:24 PM
Any idea for a timeframe for premium?
Not really it all depends on how much work I want to put into it I thought of making it alot more advanced by adding features such as permissions, unlimited tabs, and unlimited sub tabs but it would probably be about $10 for the mod if I did that much work.

Quote from: Bugo on August 01, 2010, 09:40:10 PM
Updated russian translation.
Thanks will add these back in tommorrow.

Advertisement: