News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Want to change the name

Started by Uhura!, October 22, 2012, 05:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

How do I change the "name" on the tab for my forum & portal?
Someone told me Sources/Subs.php but when I look at the file, it isn't obvious to me where to change it...

SMF 2.0.2
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Kill Em All

You can use this mod.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2659

Most simple way to do what you are looking for.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Uhura!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Colin

Quote from: Uhura! on October 22, 2012, 07:10:23 PM
No mods
Any reason you don't want mods? I will gladly show you the necessary template file edits, but it is much easier to gain the additional functionality with a modification.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Firstly, what do you mean by name there? Are you referring "- forum" there? If that is so, you can look into the language file. Most probably portal language file. Otherwise, the portal mod could have changed default language file index.english php.

kat

I can understand your reticence with mods, Uhura. ;)

However, I just checked the parser, for the one that Kill em all mentioned.

That mod doesn't, actually, modify ANY files.

All it does, is this:

Move the included file "files/Optimus.template.php" to "./Themes/default".
Move the included file "core/Subs-Optimus.php" to "./Sources".
Move the included directory "files/languages" to "./Themes/default".
Move the included directory "files/css" to "./Themes/default".
Move the included directory "files/scripts" to "./Themes/default".

and add a few tables to the database. So, if you ever want to remove it, when you uninstall it, it just deletes those files that it installed and removes the tables.

Looks like that all it does. It doesn't mess around with any of your existing files. :)

So, even if you were a BAD admin and didn't backup, first (Which I know you're not and will), you'll be OK. :)

Uhura!

Thanks! I did it :)

Very easy. Can't find the controls on the Admin Panel though... Any tips?

Kill Em All

Once you install it, it should direct you right to the settings. If not, then in the admin panel(of course :p) find Configuration>Search Engine Optimization>Common Settings

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: