News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[BBCode] Twitter

Started by Suki, May 16, 2010, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Link to Mod

BBC Twitter
Author: Suki

Description

For SMF 2.0.x only

This mod will add 3 tags: 
[tweet]https://twitter.com/#!/MissAllSuki/status/155374727416909828[/tweet]
[twitacc]@MissAllSuki[/twitacc]
[hashtag]#SMF[/hashtag]

Using jquery and the tweetGrab Plugin.

License

* This SMF modification is subject to the Mozilla Public License Version
* 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this SMF modification except in compliance with
* the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/

jQuery - tweetGrab Plugin copyright Michael Kafka <http://www.makfak.com>

Settings
No Settings Just install and use.

Languages
-English/utf8

Changelog

2.0 - Jan 06, 2012,
-Compatible with SMF 2.0.x
-Code improved.

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

rd

QuoteTwitter. The amazing application that took the world by storm.

Great mod, I like the fact that we can add hashtags.

Liam.

Thanks, please suggest anything you want added, or fixed (if there is something wrong)...

Hashtags can really be used in Twitter, and I do have another Hashtag-type thing to come out as soon as I can get my head around the API for it, but that may not be for a while...

Thanks for liking it, I hope you use it ;)

rd

vicram10

Liam.

And thanks Vicram for fixing a bug in it ;)

DoctorMalboro

Excellent mod, i will use it ;)

Thanks!

Sakae

Awesome got this MOD finally approved Liam! :)

BUT... It wasn't working on my forum. I installed sweet, with no errors, but it just doesn't showed up.

SO... I opened the html code and saw there's other mod using jquery (Enotify MOD), and disabled. Now it works GREAT!!!!

T H A N K  Y O U  L I A M !

Let me know your paypal id for a little donation! :)
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Liam.

Quote from: Sakae on May 16, 2010, 10:48:23 AM
Awesome got this MOD finally approved Liam! :)

BUT... It wasn't working on my forum. I installed sweet, with no errors, but it just doesn't showed up.

SO... I opened the html code and saw there's other mod using jquery (Enotify MOD), and disabled. Now it works GREAT!!!!

T H A N K  Y O U  L I A M !

Let me know your paypal id for a little donation! :)

eNotify shouldn't have disabled jQuery throughout the whole site, but I suppose if it calls it first in the index.template.php it would...

Thanks for liking the mod and thanks for using it ;)

A donation for a BBCode... Thats a bit... weird ^_^ Oh well, cheers anyway! My PayPal address is: [email protected]

Arantor

That's what happens if you have jQuery loaded twice on the page.

Liam.

Yeah :/ Annoying but pretty unavoidable in most cases...

Arantor

Only if you don't have the imagination to think outside the box.

I explained not that long ago a method to remove the unread/unreadreplies link from the page without touching the theme code at all. Yup, zero template edits. We do this in SimpleDesk (don't think it's in the currently public version though). Virtually the same technique could be used to check if jQuery is loaded in the page and if not, add it.

Sakae

Didn't knew you don't wanted :P

Kidding, I will make a very small donation, just for show my thankness for creating such a mod. Have you forgot I opened this thread on MOD requests board? :)

* By small, I say like, half can of soda small :P *
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Liam.

Quote from: Sakae on May 16, 2010, 04:12:42 PM
Didn't knew you don't wanted :P

Kidding, I will make a very small donation, just for show my thankness for creating such a mod. Have you forgot I opened this thread on MOD requests board? :)

* By small, I say like, half can of soda small :P *

Half a can of a very big soda can ;) Thanks though ^_^

Arantor, I know it's possible but I'm not sure on how to go about it, so...

Arantor

OK, big hint time.

QueryString.php has a function that does a replace on the page after the rest of the page has been constructed - just before it's sent off. It's where SEF URLs are generated, it's where Pretty URLs and SimpleSEF both edit to modify URLs in situ, and it's where we do the same in SimpleDesk.

Apply a liberal regexp to see if a <script> contains jquery, if not, inject it into $buffer, for which a variety of methods exist.

Liam.

Thanks for the big hint Arantor ;) Makes enough sense, I'll try include it in the next version ^_^

DEK24

This mod is awesome however it would be AMAZING if this would automatically embed as opposed to putting in the BBC codes in

Liam.

Quote from: DEK24 on June 04, 2010, 04:40:18 PM
This mod is awesome however it would be AMAZING if this would automatically embed as opposed to putting in the BBC codes in

That'd be pretty hard to do, and I don't particularly plan on doing it, what's wrong with a BBCode? Also, what if someone wants to just link to a Twitter Profile, etc.?

DEK24

It's like embedding youtube videos. Sure you could BBCode it but when you post the link and video magically appears its even better. Also not everyone posting in forum communities are that computer savvy.

Liam.

Quote from: DEK24 on June 06, 2010, 10:21:52 AM
It's like embedding youtube videos. Sure you could BBCode it but when you post the link and video magically appears its even better. Also not everyone posting in forum communities are that computer savvy.

Not savvy? Thats why there's a "help" button on the menu ;)

Okay, I'll see about auto-embed.

Advertisement: