News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Homepages?

Started by Treguard001, June 09, 2005, 01:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treguard001

Hey,

When I used YaBB Gold, there was a homepages mod, which allowed each user to create their own mini 'homepage' in their profile.

I was wondering if anyone has made one for SMF?
Treguard001

www.billfans.com

dtm.exe

Hmm, I've never seen a mod like it, personally.  Sounds like a great idea for a mod :).

-Dan The Man

Dem0n

3fifty

Quote from: Dem0n on June 09, 2005, 03:45:13 PM
I like this idea.

x2

Ive been trying to find something that would allow my users to do this.  Something like a car domain site or close to it.

Xarcell

They also have this mod for mambo. They call it community builder and it uses some kind of free software  that lets you build a simple homepage. It this intergrated into a mod fer mambo.

I'd also like to see this mod for smf.

SeaOfSin

Sounds like a great mod!  It is similar to what I'm looking for!

Sea Of Sin

3fifty

Quote from: Xarcell on June 09, 2005, 09:32:43 PM
They also have this mod for mambo. They call it community builder and it uses some kind of free software  that lets you build a simple homepage. It this intergrated into a mod fer mambo.

I'd also like to see this mod for smf.

Heres the webpage for the mod.
http://www.mambojoe.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Here is a person that has it setup.
http://specvsource.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=62

Heres a list of people using the mod.
http://www.mambojoe.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,25/func,showcat/catid,7/

Very cool... Not exactly what I wanted but that would work just as good.

bloc

If only bbcode could be used for the page, it would be quite nice..but if html is required, then its probably security issues with this.

The bbcode does have tables and such too, so initially it should be possible wihin the scope of SMF.

Thantos

Quote from: Bloc on June 10, 2005, 05:26:23 AM
If only bbcode could be used for the page, it would be quite nice..but if html is required, then its probably security issues with this.

The bbcode does have tables and such too, so initially it should be possible wihin the scope of SMF.
You can use BBC.  Just pass this function the string and it should work correctly:
<?php
function gol_parse_code($string)
{

$string htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($string), ENT_QUOTES);

$string preg_replace('~&amp;#(\d{4,5}|[3-9]\d{2,4}|2[6-9]\d);~''&#$1;'$string);

preparsecode($string);
        return 
parse_bbc($string);
}
?>
php

I haven't tried it on anything really complex but it would be fun to try :)

Treguard001

Yes, the mod I had for YaBB gold was basically where people made a page, only used BB Code, no html etc.
Treguard001

www.billfans.com

sudden

there was a something like this for phpbb (nickpage mod)..

it (nickpage mod) looks like an enhanced profile page or a Blog, where user can upload their own pics, ..hobbies, article etc.. where visitors can write a comment..

nice.. i would love to see this on SMF too..

xenovanis

How about the Biography Mod?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: