I can not change themes

Started by shane is my name, May 24, 2010, 05:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane is my name

I made a copy of curve theme. edited it... then saved it, converted to a zip... then tried to upload it as a theme (basically testing the process out), it said successful, but when I tried to set it as my theme, i got a Parse error saying something about Themes/default/Combat.template.php 
I am now unable to use any other theme?  Everytime i select another theme in "overall forum default" and "reset everyone", it clicks as if successful, but the forum is still on the default curve theme. i cant get it to change to any other theme.

hav u heard of this before?

kat

Yeah, I have.

My RC3 forum won't keep theme changes, either.

Only way I can do it, is to got to my forum using the usual homepage link and adding the theme number, after it.

So, if it was here, I'd type:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?theme=1

to get me back to the default theme.

If you use "?theme=2", "?theme=3", etc. It'll change it to other themes.

That's until either of us finds a way to fix this... :(

shane is my name

I thought I solved it, because i deleted the following from the url:  u=0
and everything was working good fro a few hours, but then it came back...

here is the exact errors Im getting (also see attached for a snapshot of the first error when i tried to load my theme):
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /testsmf/Themes/default/Compat.template.php on line 32

but I didnt edit or even touch that file.

kat

I don't even have that file, on my installation.

I guess a mod puts that there.

What mods do you have?

smp420

If you click on choose next to the dropdown where you change the theme and click on it there it will change for you.
And change that line to
' ,implode(' ', $buttons), '
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Advertisement: