News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Home page

Started by grease, May 24, 2010, 01:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grease

I'm creating anew site and have worked with wordpress and installed a forum plugin, but don't like it.  I would rather have the full power of smf, but need a homepage.  Is there a mod that will let me have a home page and then click to enter the forum?  Thanks for your help!

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

grease

I haven't, but like the idea.  Is there one that is pretty simple and recommended most?

Kays

They each have their strengths and weaknesses so there's no best one. The thing to look for is one which will suite your needs. Check the support topics or site for each. As well there are quite a number of "Which Portal is Best" topics. I don't have the links to any but I think there's a farly current one in the Chit Chat board.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

grease

I'm using Simple Portal for now and like it.  Thanks for your input!

Kays

Simple Portal does seem to be the most popular one. But since I don't use a portal I'm not in the position to comment on any of them knowledgeably.  :)

If this does answer your question. Could you please mark this as solved by clicking on the green Mark Topic Solved button below.

My Mods

Advertisement: