News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Enhancements to purge inactive members

Started by davidhs, May 28, 2010, 10:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branko.

Version 1.3.3
Serbian latin and croatian
- converted to UTF-8 without BOM
- translated some strings
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

davidhs

Quote from: Branko. on December 06, 2013, 07:49:58 AM
Version 1.3.3
Serbian latin and croatian
- converted to UTF-8 without BOM
- translated some strings
Thanks! :)

New version:
1.3.4   2013-12-06
------------------
+ Languages: New language string in croatian, croatian-utf8, serbian_latin, serbian_latin-utf8, thanks to Branko..

luuuciano

I was reading the mod description, but... using this mod can I delete members that have no loged in for more than XX amount of days?

You know, to delete inactive members... or, better, maybe an option to send them an email previously... informing them that their account will be deleted by inactivity a few days later
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

davidhs

Quote from: luuuciano on December 07, 2013, 07:32:16 PM
I was reading the mod description, but... using this mod can I delete members that have no loged in for more than XX amount of days?

You know, to delete inactive members...
You can use this
QuoteRemove all members who have not logged in for XX days.

or, better, maybe an option to send them an email previously... informing them that their account will be deleted by inactivity a few days later
At this moment I have not thought about doing. Perhaps using Scheduled Tasks.

Branko.

maybe an option to send them an email previously... informing them that their account will be deleted by inactivity a few days later
With Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users you can send initial and final message to inactive users.

luuuciano

Quote from: davidhs on December 08, 2013, 06:20:00 AM

You know, to delete inactive members...
You can use this
QuoteRemove all members who have not logged in for XX days.

Thanks!

Quote from: Branko. on December 08, 2013, 08:31:31 AM
maybe an option to send them an email previously... informing them that their account will be deleted by inactivity a few days later
With Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users you can send initial and final message to inactive users.

Nice one, thanks for sharing it Branko... btw, do you have it installed on a smf 2.0.x?
I was looking the mod thread, its like that mod will die (or, died long time ago...)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Branko.

Of course, I have it installed on a smf 2.0.x since 2.0 version (September 17, 2012) and work fine. I have not registered any change in server performance. Emulate to 2.0.6 and test it

PopUpSteve

Looks to be a great mod, just what I need to clean-up my member base, thanks.

I have a few questions.

• The "Process a maximum of XXXX members". Does that mean it will only process that number of members (the default being 4000) or that number in the first pass (a pass being like when news letters are sent in groups so not to overwhelm the system)? And if it needs the total number of members (currently 37,562), will that blow-out the system resources?

• By selecting only one member-group, all other member-groups are not even looked at, correct?

• And by selecting only that one member-group (which has 13,432 members in it, all of which will be purged), should I then set the process maximum to the same size of that member-group?

Steve
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's digital."

davidhs

Quote from: PopUpSteve on January 13, 2014, 01:28:04 PM
I have a few questions.

• The "Process a maximum of XXXX members". Does that mean it will only process that number of members (the default being 4000) or that number in the first pass (a pass being like when news letters are sent in groups so not to overwhelm the system)? And if it needs the total number of members (currently 37,562), will that blow-out the system resources?

• By selecting only one member-group, all other member-groups are not even looked at, correct?

• And by selecting only that one member-group (which has 13,432 members in it, all of which will be purged), should I then set the process maximum to the same size of that member-group?

1. Remove maximum xx members. Gets members which satisfies the conditions (max xx) and delete all except moderators.

2. Correct.

3. Yes, but if you put 13,432 on maximum members, perhaps your system resources will be exceed. I recommend you to make various purge of 4,000.

PopUpSteve

Steve

PopUpSteve

Sorry, no joy on the purge. :(

I tried it several ways. To start with, I put only one member record in the member-group I'm trying to purge. Then, selecting that member-group I entered "Not logged in for 60 days" (last log in for that member was 2 1/2 years ago), and "0" posts (this member has none), Delete post = None. And for "Process a maximum of members" I tried 100, 1000, 4000, and the max number of members 37,564. No members were deleted. Each time I checked the actuate member table to verify.
Steve

davidhs

Quote from: PopUpSteve on January 13, 2014, 03:11:53 PM
Sorry, no joy on the purge. :(

I tried it several ways. To start with, I put only one member record in the member-group I'm trying to purge. Then, selecting that member-group I entered "Not logged in for 60 days" (last log in for that member was 2 1/2 years ago), and "0" posts (this member has none), Delete post = None. And for "Process a maximum of members" I tried 100, 1000, 4000, and the max number of members 37,564. No members were deleted. Each time I checked the actuate member table to verify.
I do not know... I wil try in my forum test.

davidhs

I made a user with date 1980, on a group.
With current date I login as admin and delete not logged in for 60 days with maximun 4000 members and selected his group. And works.

I do not know because do not work in your case. Perhaps group is incorrent? They have messages? ...

PopUpSteve

Quote from: davidhs on January 13, 2014, 05:45:26 PM
I do not know because do not work in your case. Perhaps group is incorrent? They have messages? ...

No, that member has no messages or posts.
Steve

davidhs

New version:
1.3.5   2014-01-24
------------------
! Texts in languages.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.7.

iain sherriff

David.
Can this be altered to move selected members to a specific membergroup inplace of deleting them ?
SMF 2.0.12

davidhs

Quote from: iain sherriff on February 16, 2014, 01:51:17 PM
David.
Can this be altered to move selected members to a specific membergroup inplace of deleting them ?
I do not know... I will see on next update.

usrfsledge

Hi David, I really like your mod.
Use it a lot to remove inactive members (two times a year). Before I remove the members, I'll drop them an email, so they can keep there account alive if they log in within 30 days or so. One month after the email, I will delete their accounts, using your mod.

My question is, can we use your mod to send the email, that will save me a lot of handwork, getting their emailadresses.

Tnx, keep up the good work!

Advertisement: