[Help] Paid subscriptions not changing membergroup?

Started by Vertraag, May 31, 2010, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertraag

Hello,

I recently moved my site and forums to a new host.  Everything is now up and running and the forum works fine.  However, when a user purchases a paid subscription, the PayPal part that takes his money processes correctly - but afterward, the user's membergroup does not change.  It was working fine before.  Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could do?  I'm sorry for being vague but I am not sure what information I should really supply to everyone in order to help.

I'd also like to note that I did not receive an e-mail from myself regarding the subscription like I usually do - I only got one from PayPal.

Thanks,
Vertraag

kat

Paid subscriptions... Is that a mod, or part of SMF?

Vertraag

It's part of SMF 2.0.  Admin --> Paid Subscriptions to set them up.

kat

Hmmm... I don't have that, on my RC3 installation.

Vertraag

Erm...in your Sources folder, do you have files whose names begin with "Subs_"?

kat

Yeah, loads.

There's one in v1,1,x too. That's got nothing to do with Paid Subscriptions, though.

Vertraag

kat

Yeah, I have that, too.

Nothing about it in admin, though.

Maybe my installation's weird, huh?

Have you tried this?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=18096.0

Vertraag

Yes I have.  Thank you for your time though - I appreciate the concern.  Maybe someone else has run into this problem and will chime in.

kat

Let's hope so.

It's not something I need, so it's no hassle, it not being on my forum.

I'm sure curious, though.

Good luck and welcome to the forum, Vertraag!

Jakob Fel

Back to the topic:

Have you checked your settings for your subscriptions? I know that if it is out of place just a little, it won't run as expected. Check the settings in the Admin panel, and make sure that it is assigned to a certain membergroup. On my support forum, I have almost all of the different SMF positions available (Manager, Support, Etc.) including a charter membership.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

CapadY

Quote from: K@t on May 31, 2010, 02:13:06 PM
Paid subscriptions... Is that a mod, or part of SMF?

You'll first have to enable it at Admin - Configuration - Core Features
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Liam.

K@t, you're terrible :P It IS in RC3, but you have to enable it in "Core Features" from your admin panel, first ;)

Although, I have not encountered this error...

Edit: Damn capady, beat me to it!

Vertraag

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  I am sure I have everything set up correctly because it was working prior to my host swap.  Here is a screenshot of my settings:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2i7qw7l.png [nofollow]

kat

Quote from: Liam. on June 01, 2010, 12:07:52 PM
K@t, you're terrible :P It IS in RC3, but you have to enable it in "Core Features" from your admin panel, first ;)

Oh, yeah! So you do!

Ha! Well, that's something I've learnt, today! :)

I must have a play with RC3 and see what else hides...

Liam.

Who says you can't teach an old kat new tricks?

Well, from the screenshot, your settings look okay. Are the payments getting through?

Vertraag

Yes, that is what is so strange.  I get paid, and PayPal sends me the notification of payment received, but the forum does NOT e-mail me to acknowledge that this happened, and furthermore does not change the user's membergroup.  It's almost as if there might be an error right after the user is done paying, but it's kind of hard for me to test it out since I can't purchase my own subscription.

Ryanteck

i just tested my vip system today to see if it works
your settings look fine there
but on your main subscription page click the subscription NAME you have created you should get a page there

under status what dose it say?

please upload the pic of it if you wish

Vertraag

Ryan,

I manually enabled all of the subs that were having this problem, but to answer your question, they said something like "Pending" or "Waiting for Payment".  However, I have come across an error in the logs that might point us toward the answer:

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (end_time)
Function: addSubscription
File: /home/mmodrift/domains/mmodrifter.net/public_html/forums/Sources/ManagePaid.php
Line: 1464

I have tried to "re-install" that file but it doesn't help.

Advertisement: