Newbie here! 3.8.4 to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by DarkNexxus, June 01, 2010, 03:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkNexxus

Hello!

After a few suggestions that I upgrade my forum software, I opted to give this one a try. The ability to convert from one forum to another was a strong point in my decision. So far, I'm not having a lot of luck.

I installed the SMF into a directory of community
My VB is installed in forums

They have separate databases.
They have separate usernames.

Both databases are on the same server. After reading through several posts, I downloaded the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql along with the convert file on the download page for vb 3.7.

I also gave my SMF username full permissions to access the vbulletin database.

When I attempt to convert, I get the following message:
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'xxx_smf'@'localhost' for table 'user'

I've tried all the suggestions I've read through but I cannot get past this screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Antes

Download vB db backup

add SMF user to vB DB , and install SMF to vB db too, retry

DarkNexxus

That did work. I was hoping to avoid putting them in the same db, but it's done.

Thanks for the advice!

Antes

Quote from: DarkNexxus on June 01, 2010, 05:39:36 AM
That did work. I was hoping to avoid putting them in the same db, but it's done.

Thanks for the advice!

i'm glad, pls mark as solved :) and i think its kinda bug coz SMF converter allowing you to ( normally ) do. If you scare about big-db ( size ) you can delete vB_ tables ( make sure get a backup )

DarkNexxus

My DB was big but thankfully not overly large. :)

Thanks again

Advertisement: