News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Invisionfree to SMF- How do you do it

Started by Tye, June 11, 2005, 07:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tye

I am really confused on how to do it, I just don't understand how to do anything really. Like how do you upload it to your server etc please someone help me

Oldiesmann

Invisionfree to SMF is not an easy task. Basically, you will need to pay the folks at invisionfree to "convert" your board to IPB 1.3 (if they even offer that service anymore - the page is still there...), and then convert that IPB 1.3 to SMF. I have an old copy of IPB 1.3 sitting around on the web that can be used in this process if necessary (meaning they can convert to it in its current location - I'm not sure it's legal to give out copies of IPB 1.3 now).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ryansdistricyt

huys can u help me
i have a full list of names and emails of members and there passwords in a  csv  ( i made in a spread sheet)

in what way can u staff upload my members to mydatabase

Oldiesmann

Yes, you can use this script to convert the csv to MySQL, then copy the usernames and email addresses to a members table in SMF. You will need to take a look at the IPB 1.3 to SMF converter to see how to convert the passwords.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ryansdistricyt

hello
i search hotscripts i found an other convertter from exel to mysql
here its discription
QuoteExcel To MySQL Converter Agent    Hits: 803 
anyways please can u help me in converting them cuz i really dont have any PHP or sql experience

please can u do it 4 me or tell me each step what i have to do

anyways what does mysql in words stands for ?

Advertisement: