vers 1.1.11 and vers. 2.0 same problem

Started by 2noonsie, June 04, 2010, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2noonsie

Ok now I have tried fresh installs of both versions and neither works...
Can not log in to admin panel at all, no error messages...just page refresh when attemting to log into admin panel and forgotten password request dosent work either, does not even send email as if request isnt being sent, all attempts to access admin panel fail without error message.
I am beginning to believe it just wont run on the Bravehost/Bravenet server.
Has anyone here successfully installed SMF on a bravehost server?  ::)

2noonsie

Quote from: 2noonsie on June 04, 2010, 09:27:30 PM
Ok now I have tried fresh installs of both versions and neither works...
Can not log in to admin panel at all, no error messages...just page refresh when attemting to log into admin panel and forgotten password request dosent work either, does not even send email as if request isnt being sent, all attempts to access admin panel fail without error message.
I am beginning to believe it just wont run on the Bravehost/Bravenet server.
Has anyone here successfully installed SMF on a bravehost server?  ::)

Wow no reply in 24 hours....looks like a lost cause   
I guess the motto here is don't even ask if your a new forum member trying to get SMF to work.... ::)

rd

I'm guessing your Bravehost account is the free one? I think you should know that bravehost is an overseller.

Anyways, no one can help you if you don't explain what the problem is... What have you done so far? What do you mean by not being able to access? Etc.

2noonsie

Quote from: Royalduke on June 05, 2010, 11:23:47 PM
I'm guessing your Bravehost account is the free one? I think you should know that bravehost is an overseller.

Anyways, no one can help you if you don't explain what the problem is... What have you done so far? What do you mean by not being able to access? Etc.

No my bravehost is paid - not a free account and I did explain the steps taken in the first post also unanswered....I only have 3 posts...

I can not log in to admin panel, it simply refreshes the page when trying to log in after clicking the admin button.
I tried both old and new versions as the Title states, and same result.
appending "?action=admin" to the url does bring up a login box with username and password fields....where prior to doing this there is simply a password field, but still this again just seems to refresh the page and it staes that you must enter a "username" as if you left the field blank.
I repeated the process of uploading all files twice (full install packages - not web install) to confirm there were no corrupt files.

2noonsie

Quote from: 2noonsie on June 06, 2010, 12:39:35 AM
Quote from: Royalduke on June 05, 2010, 11:23:47 PM

No my bravehost is paid - not a free account and I did explain the steps taken in the first post also unanswered....I only have 3 posts...

I can not log in to admin panel, it simply refreshes the page when trying to log in after clicking the admin button.
I tried both old and new versions as the Title states, and same result.
appending "?action=admin" to the url does bring up a login box with username and password fields....where prior to doing this there is simply a password field, but still this again just seems to refresh the page and it staes that you must enter a "username" as if you left the field blank.
I repeated the process of uploading all files twice (full install packages - not web install) to confirm there were no corrupt files.

Well I guess that was the only reply I'm getting....ok guess I will check back in a few days, in the meantime instead of playin sit & spin on mah thumb I'll try Mybb it has a ton of features and lots of free themes ad'ons, plugins ect.
Peace  8)

rd

Go ahead ;) myBB is weak compared to SMF. It's basically a watered down version of vB and it Lois plain.

Unlike myBB, SMF has many modifications and such modifications do great things such as the Arcade, Shop, Facebook login (your members can login using their facebook account), chat, and hundreds of others.

MyBB themes are plain and dumb, look at sites powered by myBB, they all look the same with maybe some color changes.

But SMF has great themes on the theme site plus SMF has themes at sites like http://dzinerstudio.com check out the demo themes.

Anyways, since you are installing myBB, I'm guessing you don't need for this? All I gotta say is, by not trying SMF you are missing out.   

Advertisement: