News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Merge Double Posts By Same Member

Started by ディン1031, June 11, 2005, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diosjmk

Im having the Subs.php error 2 any ideas?

ディン1031

Quote from: Shaltay on March 23, 2007, 03:59:43 AM
Hello.
Thanks you for the nice mod!
I use it with SMF 1.1.2 and I have 2 little problems:

1) The button "Merge Post" does not appear if using any Theme except default. Why so?
2) Russian is not supported, but this problem can be solved by manual editing of index.russian.php (index.russian-utf8.php) and ModSettings.russian.php (ModSettings.russian-utf8.php).

If you need any help with Russian translation in future releases - you are welcome.
Normal it should apear in the Babylon Theme.

Quote from: diosjmk on March 23, 2007, 04:01:00 PM
Im having the Subs.php error 2 any ideas?

No.

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

pcigre

Read last few pages of this topic, but couldn't innstall it on 1.1.2. Just dont have apply button in package menager...

Any solution for this? Or i need to do manual instal? Other who have 1.1.2. did manual install or automatic?

jkrlvgn

You might have to do a manual install...it all depends on the mods you've already got installed....

Manual isn't hard, though...I think that's what I did, and it works beautifully.

steve51184

hi there i installed this manually on smf 1.1.2 and it works fine but the "Doublepost" section in the "Admin/Features and Options" just takes me back to the "Basic Features" page?

also if i can access the page how do i make it so it auto merges the posts?

ディン1031

First it should apear a button to install... 1.1.1-1.1.2 <- is in the package.xml file.

Second:
One part of the change in the ModSettings.php schould be replaced more than one time (the package mangager make this automatic), if you not do this the option will not work.

Bye
DIN1031

Vampy

Hi I tried to install this mod on v1.1.2 via the package manager, and got an error message on the test install

7.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/amber/Display.template.php     Test failed

could it be a clash with another mod? I have the following mods already installed:

CAPTCHA (code verification)      0.1
Googlebot & Spiders Mod      2.0.3
Create Topic on Report to Moderator      0.2
SMF Arcade      1.3.1-MOD-E1.5.1

How can I rectify this? I'm a complete moron when it comes to manual installation so please be gentle with me

AllMassive

Hi
Mod is working fine with my SMF 1.1.2 - i had to change my UTF-8 Language-Files by Hand.

Two things i recognized is:

This Mod always adds the current USER Language to the 'search_date_posted'-Variable - it would be nice if the Boards-Default-Language could be added - or you somehow manage it to Post the 'search_date_posted'-Variable in the Language the User selected inside the Post (but i think this won't work because you edit the messages directly)

Could you add a Carriage-Return (one free Line) after the First Post when Merging it - both Topics together look very squeezed.

liberte

hi
i only need to find the same topic/subject names,
how can do this?

ディン1031

Quote from: AllMassive on April 16, 2007, 04:08:37 PM
Hi
Mod is working fine with my SMF 1.1.2 - i had to change my UTF-8 Language-Files by Hand.

Two things i recognized is:

This Mod always adds the current USER Language to the 'search_date_posted'-Variable - it would be nice if the Boards-Default-Language could be added - or you somehow manage it to Post the 'search_date_posted'-Variable in the Language the User selected inside the Post (but i think this won't work because you edit the messages directly)

Could you add a Carriage-Return (one free Line) after the First Post when Merging it - both Topics together look very squeezed.

Okay i will look at it, i think i can made a option for it use the board default language (hope there is a variable some in smf :x).

Hmm Carriage-Return (one free Line) <- Sorry but somehow i don't understand what you mean...

Quote from: liberte on April 17, 2007, 10:51:45 PM
hi
i only need to find the same topic/subject names,
how can do this?

No i don't know how to do this.

Bye
DIN1031

steve51184

Quote from: somerandomdude on April 09, 2007, 03:17:21 AM
hi there i installed this manually on smf 1.1.2 and it works fine but the "Doublepost" section in the "Admin/Features and Options" just takes me back to the "Basic Features" page?

also if i can access the page how do i make it so it auto merges the posts?

can i get some help on this please? or at least a way to set it to auto merge double posts..

ディン1031

Quote from: DIN1031 on April 10, 2007, 12:00:15 PM
First it should apear a button to install... 1.1.1-1.1.2 <- is in the package.xml file.

Second:
One part of the change in the ModSettings.php schould be replaced more than one time (the package mangager make this automatic), if you not do this the option will not work.

Bye
DIN1031
Here was the help <<

Bye
DIN1031

Vampy

Hi asked for help before but no one answered me :(

I'm currently on 1.1.2 - When I try to install the mod I get an error on test install

"7.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/amber/Display.template.php     Test failed"

I've had a look at the install files - to correct this would I have to change the DoublePostMerge1.1rc2.mod file where it says ....

<edit file>
$themedir/Display.template.php
</edit file>

to ...

<edit file>
$themedir/amber/Display.template.php
</edit file>

there is no Display.template.php in the base /Themes/ directory only in the current theme (amber)  that's set as default.

If this isn't the way to fix this can someone please tell me what IS the correct way

Thanks

ディン1031

I told a long time before, i can't support each theme that exist for smf << and i could also not tell why it not work on the amber theme <<...

Bye
DIN1031

ディン1031

Version 1.0.7

- Fixed a other "'" problem... please update a soon as possible, i thought smf did prepare this before adding it to the db... but somehow it did not...
- The installer include a update for 1.0.6, if the upgrade do not appear, uninstall the old Version and install a new one!

Please update a soon a possible!

Bye
DIN1031

perplexed

thanks for the update, it upgraded no problem :)

what was the problem that needed fixing as I never noticed anything lol

John S

ERROR:

8: Undefined index: doublepost
File: /home/xx/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 430

I've opened "Display.template.php" and this is line 430:

Quoteif ($message['can_modify'] && $message['doublepost']['postok'] && !empty($message['doublepost']['lastpostid']))

Is there anything wrong with this? I know that before there was a button next to reply/modify that said "merge" and it would merge old posts together...

this is no longer available.. and i don't know why.. does this line have something to do with it?

its causing heaaapssss of errors in the log! thanks.

ps.. this is lines 430 to 432:
      //Doublepost for Merge?
      if ($message['can_modify'] && $message['doublepost']['postok'] && !empty($message['doublepost']['lastpostid']))
         echo '
                           <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mergeposts;pid=', $message['id'], ';msnid=', $message['doublepost']['lastpostid'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '">', $MergePosts_button, '</a>';

ディン1031

Is the mod correct installed, i tested it and it work fine.

Which Version did you install? Did you upgrade? What exactly did you do before this happen <<. For me it looks like the change in the Display.php is not done.

What settings for the mode do you use?

Bye
DIN1031

John S

Which Version did you install? >> Merge Double Posts     1.0.6

Did you upgrade? >> NO

What exactly did you do before this happen. >> Installed the mod, I have a few other mods installed:

Quote1.     Order News     1.0.1     [ Uninstall ]
2.    Increase/Decrease Postbox Size    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Youtube Field by Alan S    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
4.    Wrap Text Around Image    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Invite a Friend    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
6.    Profile Comments    1.2.1    [ Uninstall ]
7.    User Email System    1.1.3    [ Uninstall ]
8.    Ad Managment    2.3    [ Uninstall ]
9.    Merge Double Posts    1.0.6    [ Uninstall ]
10.    SMF Gallery Lite    1.7.1    [ Uninstall ]
11.    EmailFlash    2.0    [ Uninstall ]
12.    Alternate Latest Post Display    1.00    [ Uninstall ]
13.    Custom Profile Field Mod    3.16    [ Uninstall ]
14.    SMF Shoutbox    1.15b    [ Uninstall ]
15.    YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
16.    Global Headers Footers    1.3    [ Uninstall ]
17.    BBCode Bar For Signature    1.3    [ Uninstall ]
18.    Reg Bar    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
19.    Country Flags    1.0.1    [ Uninstall ]
20.    Favicon    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
21.    Move Old Topics    1.2    [ Uninstall ]
22.    Contact Page    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
23.    SMF Arcade    2.0.7    [ Uninstall ]

For me it looks like the change in the Display.php is not done. >> then what are the changes that are made on line 430? Is that not complete?

What settings for the mode do you use? >>     Automatic merge new doubleposts YES,     Merge new "Admin" doubleposts YES, Ignore the maximum post length YES.

This is the only error I am getting and it is reoccuring heaaapss!... what can i do to fix this error?

ディン1031

Quote from: yazeft on May 01, 2007, 06:39:03 PM
Which Version did you install? >> Merge Double Posts     1.0.6

For me it looks like the change in the Display.php is not done. >> then what are the changes that are made on line 430? Is that not complete?

I talk about a another file, you posted the lines in of the Display.template.php... that something else... can you give me your Display.php... Than i can tell you if it correct installed.

The other thing do you use a other theme? (Possible that there is the misstake, i can test it only on the core theme).

(You should upgrade to 1.0.7, a imported bugfix is made).

Bye
DIN1031

Advertisement: