News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Merge Double Posts By Same Member

Started by ディン1031, June 11, 2005, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

It's the same idea but it does several things differently.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Vampy

Nao 尚

Basically the biggest differences are that:
1/ it doesn't allow you to merge posts via a merge button (only the auto process is available)
2/ it deletes the second post and inserts it into the first one. The MDP mod deletes the first post and inserts it into the second one. As a result, MDP bumps topics but doesn't waste entries in the message table. While the new mod doesn't bump topics (i.e. if someone posts a message ten months after his last message in a topic, it'll remain hidden far away in the message index). It's a matter of taste.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

While I'm at it-- the mod from this very topic is still available there:

For SMF 1.1.x:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1872652#msg1872652

For SMF 2.x (with improvements by yours truly):
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1843408#msg1843408

They're untested with the new versions but they should work. Hopefully.

supahben

Is this compatible to 1.1.11? I am very interested in this mod :) This is one of a kind :D

Nao 尚

Advertisement: