News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Merge Double Posts By Same Member

Started by ディン1031, June 11, 2005, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envy

RandomUser

Can this be installed from the package manager? I am using version 1.05. I get this when I try:

Execute Modification     ./Sources/Display.php     Failure
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.french.php    Failure

FaSan

Modifications.english.template need this line :

$txt['search_date_posted'] = 'Posted On';

FaSan

Nitro

ok, i had to install this manually and i see no button. am i supposed to see the button when a double topic is posted?
i'm a litle bit lost here.

thank you.
MPF Rocks!!!

ディン1031

Quote from: NitroRich on August 18, 2005, 02:59:05 AM
ok, i had to install this manually and i see no button. am i supposed to see the button when a double topic is posted?
i'm a litle bit lost here.

thank you.
Only double Posts not Topic, the other this is you should look if your used theme also have the change who made with the mod.

Bye
DIN1031
Support only via MOD Thread! NO PM Support!
My Forum: ayu][kult Forum
My Mods: My Small Mod Collection
My Parser: DIN1031's ModParser
Current Info: More away the next days, because i've to much work to do :x

LostProphecy

is it possible at all to actually prevent a person from posting twice in a row (except admins)....

by that i mean i have a psychotic double poster at the moment that is trying to tell me that it's not their fault they are double posting... there computer is doing it *rolls eyes*

i really wish there was something that physically prevents a poster from double posting... something like if they tried to post the second one it would come up with some sort of error stating.. "sorry you are about to double post, it is against the rules, if you want to add something to this thread please go back and edit your last post instead"... or something like that...

*begs*
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

J. Williams

Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

LostProphecy

Quote from: scs on August 28, 2005, 02:28:41 PM
Just one problem

How do you undo it?

are you referring to my post??

if you are there would be no undoing cause the member wouldn't be allowed to post in the first place so there would be nothing to undo *shrugs*
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

ディン1031

Quote from: scs on August 28, 2005, 02:28:41 PM
Just one problem

How do you undo it?
Huuu one time merged you can't go back to the old version...

Quote from: LostProphecy on August 26, 2005, 01:51:43 AM
is it possible at all to actually prevent a person from posting twice in a row (except admins)....

by that i mean i have a psychotic double poster at the moment that is trying to tell me that it's not their fault they are double posting... there computer is doing it *rolls eyes*

i really wish there was something that physically prevents a poster from double posting... something like if they tried to post the second one it would come up with some sort of error stating.. "sorry you are about to double post, it is against the rules, if you want to add something to this thread please go back and edit your last post instead"... or something like that...

*begs*
Hmmm i look for it... but i think it's not so easy to do this.
But normaly the spam protrection of the Forum made this... i don't know why it not work on your forum...

linuxcat

Hello,
    When I merge two posts the total post count for the forum does not go down by one.  If I go to forum maintenance and tell it to recount the correct number is calculated (ie 1 lower than before).

Jack

DemonicInfluence

doesn't work when the double post is on another page..

modtang

What do I need to change so my Global Moderators can use this too?

Great mod, BTW. There's lots of chronic spammers on my board so this helps out a lot. :)

DemonicInfluence

Quote from: modtang on September 19, 2005, 09:30:51 PM

Great mod, BTW. There's lots of chronic spammers on my board so this helps out a lot. :)

go to permissions... 

ディン1031

Quote from: Libo on September 20, 2005, 06:11:52 AM
Quote from: modtang on September 19, 2005, 09:30:51 PM

go to permissions... 
I think your Globalmods can use this, too. Becaue it's normal the Gmods does have the premission to edit all post, and all people wo have this right can use this button. Because i use this premission to check if the user is allowed to do this... (So it's also check if the user have the right to merge his own post as long he have the premission to change his own post).

Bye
DIN1031

modtang

Yeah, it's set for them to use. They figured it out themselves. This has been a lifesaver. My only request would be that you can merge more than two posts at a time. It's easily done (merge the first two, then the next two, then merge the merged posts) but it's just a suggestion for future versions. :)

Uzbekistan

Anyone tried this mod with SMF 1.1 RC1? I had it installed on Public Beta 3 - worked fine. Thinking of installing it on RC1.

Also, din1031 - is it possible for a code to "automatically" merge consequent posts. I saw the functionality on such a mod on vB3. If a user just replies twice to the previous message - posts a merged. IF HE/ShE Quotes some different users/topics in his posts - they are not merged.

LostProphecy

I've just successfully installed it on RC1 :)

all you need to do is unzip the package, open the "package-info.xml" file in notepad

find
<install for="1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.1 Beta 1, 1.1 Beta 2, 1.1 Beta 3, 1.1 Beta 3 Public">

replace with
<install for="1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.1 Beta 1, 1.1 Beta 2, 1.1 Beta 3, 1.1 Beta 3 Public, 1.1 RC1">

then just zip it back up, load and install... simple :)
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

ディン1031

So the Mod is know working in den 1.1 RC1 Package Manager
(Only file errors if you don't use the french or german languagepacks (can be ignored))

Bye
DIN1031

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

fratellino

I have installed this mod, All was marked as Done, but...

1. I cant' se the "DoublePost" Icon
2. The package is not liste in package manager with the others installed packages. If I try to install again the package there is an error on some files. SOLVED

Please Help

SMF 1.0.5, YaBB Classic Theme

Thanks.

Advertisement: