News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Skype Mod with Icon [new]

Started by John Slater, June 11, 2005, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romuba

Not me, I would also be interested if there is a solution to this. I would imagine that it would be a modification in one of the php file but I haven't a clue which one nor what the change would be.
Ross Bartholomew
email: [email protected]
www.bartwebsites.com

DeMar

[embed-flash(width,height)]

DeMar

romuba

As mentioned, I can't help with this one. I sometimes dig around and fiddle and then manage to get things to work. Sorry I can't help.
Ross Bartholomew
email: [email protected]
www.bartwebsites.com

DeMar

TrueSatan

@ Dean B

I don't think that what you are requesting will be possible unless Skype add extra command line options to their system...currently the only command line options are:

* /nosplash - do not display splash screen when Skype starts
* /minimized - Skype is minimized to system tray when it starts
* /callto:nameornumber - call the specified Skype Name or SkypeOut number
* /shutdown - close Skype

This mod makes use of the /callto:nameornumber item above in order to work...as there is no corresponding /pmto:nameornumber option provided by Skype there is little anyone on these forums can do to help.

DeMar

Don_NUTSO

eXecuT

If it works with SMF 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, it correctly will work with SMF 1.1.4. ;)
Visit = | www.pc-kopatiz.com |

Gary

Any mod compatible with 1.1 Final or later will work on 1.1.4
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Bernard T.

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 17, 2007, 06:06:54 AM
@ Dean B

I don't think that what you are requesting will be possible unless Skype add extra command line options to their system...

There is indeed a way to accomplish this because you can use this synthax of plain URL-s that are registered with OS to be handled by Skype :

<a href="skype:your-skype-name?chat">
<a href="skype:your-skype-name?call">
<a href="skype:your-skype-name?add">
<a href="skype:your-skype-name?userinfo">
<a href="skype:your-skype-name?voicemail">
<a href="skype:your-skype-name?sendfile">

I think it is self explainatory what each of them does. I will take a look at code of this mod to see how to mod it...
://#  Orion | Federation Servers | Info Sector

Rosenstein

I figured it out how to change "callto://your-skype-name/" to "skype:your-skype-name?chat".
Open your Display.template.php and find:
Quoteecho '<a href="callto://'$message['member']['options']['skype'], '/">
and change it to (If you want to open chat window):
Quoteecho '<a href="skype:'$message['member']['options']['skype'], '?chat">
or you want to add someone:
Quoteecho '<a href="skype:'$message['member']['options']['skype'], '?add">
Just change part after "?" and it will work

senyorito

I've rewritten this Mod to be fully compatible with SMF 1.1.4 or 1.1.x .  But I have to ask permission to John Slater to upgrade the Mod or to put up my own Mod with SMF 1.1.4 compatibility.

Gary

Just put it up anyway by attaching it to this topic. Knowing Slater, you wont be able contact him. We used to know each other...
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

bushie

Is there a mod that does put Skype buttons on 1.1.5?  I've used this one but it only puts the field in the Profile and nothing in the Forum itself.

Cheers,

Ric

Linzmeister

Quote from: Filipina on September 30, 2007, 02:52:08 PM
can anyone look at this code and tell me if there is an adjustment i can make so the skype area is below instead of beside the website URL space :)

moving the new piece of code to this location, puts the skype contact with the other instant messaging contacts

// All the messenger type contact info.
echo '
<tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[513], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[600], '</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="ICQ" size="24" value="', $context['member']['icq']['name'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[603], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[601], '</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="AIM" maxlength="16" size="24" value="', $context['member']['aim']['name'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt['MSN'], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt['smf237'], '.</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="MSN" size="24" value="', $context['member']['msn']['name'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[604], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[602], '</div></td>
<td><input type="text" name="YIM" maxlength="32" size="24" value="', $context['member']['yim']['name'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<!-- moved to here from below ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** -->
<td width="40%"><b>Skype Name: </b></td>
<td><input type="text" name="default_options[skype]" size="50" value="', @$context['member']['options']['skype'], '" /></td>
</tr><tr>
<!-- ************************************************************ end of moved data-->
<td colspan="2"><hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr>';

Linzmeister

Quote from: Louis on February 02, 2006, 05:04:42 AM
Different button styles are available:
Balloon
Big Classic
Small Classic
small icon
medium icon

All I get from hxxp:mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/ [nonactive] is the grey offline icon.  I don't ever see the green online icon or the yellow away icon or the RED do not disturb icon.  Is there a way to see current status??

Advertisement: