News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Skype Mod with Icon [new]

Started by John Slater, June 11, 2005, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

You just gotta know what to do. However, I dont think that John's fixed up the problem that I pointed out earlier in the thread.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

NOS ChromeNut

Thanks Gary...
Okay, I tried your suggestion and it worked!  However, it didn't feel right to me being there below the web address stuff, so I made a change. And may I be so bold as to making the suggestion to John and all?  I felt it fit better with the AIM/MSN/YIM stuff, so I moved it up there.  Here's what I did - and minor changes to your script suggested above -

Find:

<td><b>', $txt[604], ': </b></td>
                                        <td>', $context['member']['yim']['link_text'], '</td>

This is around line 180 in my Profile.template.php file. 

Add after:

</tr><tr>
<td><b>Skype Name: </b></td>
', !empty($context['member']['options']['skype']) ? '
<td><a href="callto://' . $context['member']['options']['skype'] . '" target="_blank">' . $context['member']['options']['skype'] . '</a></td>' : '', '

Then I made this change farther down, around line 900-something ...

Find:

<td width="40%"><b>', $txt[604], ': </b><div class="smalltext">', $txt[602], '</div></td>
                                                                <td><input type="text" name="YIM" maxlength="32" size="24" value="', $context['member']['yim']['name'], '" /></td>

Add after:

</tr><tr>
                                                                <td width="40%"><b>Skype Name: </b></td>
<td><input type="text" name="default_options[skype]" size="50" value="', @$context['member']['options']['skype'], '" /></td></tr><tr>

This put the Skype Name: line right below the YIM line.  I tested the link for the calloff and it works fine, I can click and it immediately opens Skype for the call.  Pardon my code copying above, it works fine but doesn't layout on the screen here like it does in Dreamweaver...

One thing I can't figure out is I'd like the Skype icon to line up with the AIM/MSN/YIM icons and instead it puts a return after those and the Skype icon is on a line by itself. It works fine, just looks a bit odd.

Please look at my suggestions and let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks again, great effort here!

NOS ChromeNut

I'm pasting here a copy of what I see now in Profile settings for the users, with this Skype mod changed to the new location. Please let me know what you think. By the way, this is using the Helios Multi Template, I tried it in the Default template and it works just as well there, line numbers in the Profile.template.php files were the only differences here.

NOS ChromeNut

The attached here is the line up of the icons I was speaking of. In the bbcode or php file somewhere I'm getting an extra return or something causing the Skype icon to line up on it's own. I'd like to place it in line with the other one's above it.

Any suggestions???

NOS ChromeNut

By the way, if you're wondering, the forums are located at:

http://www.hugginsnet.com/squadnos/forums

Please come by and visit...

Gary

I see what you mean. When testing it out for John, I noticed that, its because after the YIM icon there is a <br> tag, which causes it to move down onto a second line. Simply tell me where you would like your mod, and I will write it for that location.

When I wrote my Gmail Field mod, I made it so that Gmail Icon appears Before the ICQ/MSN/AIM/YIM icons, yet its on the same line.

Its possible for the Skype mod to appear on the same line as the AIM etc... icons however I would place them before the messenger icons.
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

NOS ChromeNut

Quote from: Gary G. on June 20, 2005, 02:41:48 PM
I see what you mean. When testing it out for John, I noticed that, its because after the YIM icon there is a <br> tag, which causes it to move down onto a second line. Simply tell me where you would like your mod, and I will write it for that location.

When I wrote my Gmail Field mod, I made it so that Gmail Icon appears Before the ICQ/MSN/AIM/YIM icons, yet its on the same line.

Its possible for the Skype mod to appear on the same line as the AIM etc... icons however I would place them before the messenger icons.

I whipped through it so quickly I didn't notice the break (<br>).  I'm gonna go move stuff around still but getting it to where it was took a bit of playing.  Thanks again for all the info, this SMF is so much easier to mod than phpBB.
:D

Gary

Attached is the bugfix I've been talking about.

I also moved it around a bit:

John can add this to the mod's file listing if he wants.

removed file.vbs from archive - Compuart
Gary M. Gadsdon
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

Aravot

What is the difference between FaSan Skype Mod and this one.

NOS ChromeNut

Quote from: Gary G. on June 30, 2005, 11:59:01 AM

Thanks Gary!!!

NOS ChromeNut

Hey guys, 'nother quick question for you. All my forums are running 1.0.5 and I just started a new forum, 1.1 beta 3 public.  Before I upgrade any of my existing forums, has anyone upgraded to 1.1 beta 3 using the skype mod?  I wanted to make sure it'll work after upgrading.

I think I'm going to try adding the skype mod to my 1.1 board, which is in test phase now, just to see if it's compatible, but if anyone's done this already, please let me know.

Again, thanks in advance!!

^Raven^

Quote from: NOS ChromeNut on July 23, 2005, 02:08:41 PM

Thanks Gary!!!

Just want to doublecheck that that is what you say the difference is between FaSan's Skype mod and this one.  Is that correct?
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

NOS ChromeNut

Quote from: ^Raven^ on July 31, 2005, 05:05:53 PM
Quote from: NOS ChromeNut on July 23, 2005, 02:08:41 PM

Thanks Gary!!!

Just want to doublecheck that that is what you say the difference is between FaSan's Skype mod and this one.  Is that correct?

No, sorry, that was a discussion between myself and Gary about placement of the Skype icon in the field under the user's avatars.  However, the difference from what I've seen is FaSan's didn't have the icon at all. I started to load it, then saw that this one included an icon. Other than that, I'm not sure what the difference is. I had problems with this mod in regards to the data entry field in user's profiles - that is it didn't appear in what I considered a more practical location, so Gary and I mod'ed the mod to move it up to the data entry area where AIM, Yahoo, etc., are.

^Raven^

Many thanks for clearing that up.  One last thing, this is compatible with SMF 1.0.5 and SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public correct?  I'm on 1.0.5 and wish to integrate it via the Package Manager but only if it is compatible.

Just an update.  I installed it on my 1.0.5. forum via the Package Manager but it doesn't seem to be working.  I looked in my profile and I don't see an option for my Skype name at all.  I'm not on the default theme, if that matters.

http://forum.wargamingforums.com
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

NOS ChromeNut

Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 01, 2005, 02:55:10 PM
Many thanks for clearing that up.  One last thing, this is compatible with SMF 1.0.5 and SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public correct?  I'm on 1.0.5 and wish to integrate it via the Package Manager but only if it is compatible.

Just an update.  I installed it on my 1.0.5. forum via the Package Manager but it doesn't seem to be working.  I looked in my profile and I don't see an option for my Skype name at all.  I'm not on the default theme, if that matters.

I haven't tried it on 1.1 beta 3 yet, that's what led me to my question. I have five forums, two at 1.0.5, one at 1.1, the other two running phpBB and XMB.  I haven't tried the Skype mod yet on 1.1, that's for later this week, but when I installed it on 1.0.5 I had to make several changes to actually see the Skype data entry field when I went into my profile.  Somewhere in a previous post, in a discussion between Gary and I, we traded these suggestions back and forth about how and where to change the mod so it worked somewhat better.  I've not heard anything from the mod creator, but hopefully they're taking these suggestions to heart and will respond soon on if they'll support the mod in 1.1 beta and on.  I'll look for my notes on the changes I had to make, but my changes were needed because I was running the Helios_Multi Theme. Not sure if the skype mod worked on the default theme or not.

NOS ChromeNut

GARY - CHECK YOUR ZIP FILE!  You have a file included in that package, FILE.VBS, that is carrying the Virus VBS/Gedza.A.  The risk is low on this virus, but damage potential is high. I've pasted here the description of this virus:
Malware type: VBScript

Aliases: VBS.Gaggle.D, VBS/Gedza, I-Worm.Gedza, VBS/Lefarsi.A

In the wild: No

Destructive: Yes

Language: English

Platform: Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP

Encrypted: Yes

Overall risk rating:  Low 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported infections:  Low 

Damage potential:  High 

Distribution potential:  High 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:

This destructive Visual Basic script file displays a picture of the popular Canadian singer, Avril Lavigne, when it is executed.

Depending on the value of the current system day, it may drop a file, display messages or open the Avril Lavigne Web site.

It also infects .XLS and .DOC files, and overwrites or appends itself to files with specific extensions.

It propagates via peer-to-peer file sharing networks by dropping copies of itself in a peer-to-peer shared folders, using interesting file names to entice users to download the files. It also propagates via Outlook Express by changing its stationary with a dropped worm copy.

It runs on Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP.

I'm reporting it to the moderator, not to trouble you but to have them delete the attachment (not sure we are allowed to delete our own) and to keep anyone else from downloading it.  Please check your data on your computer as you may have it sleeping there somewhere.

^Raven^

Quote from: NOS ChromeNut on August 01, 2005, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 01, 2005, 02:55:10 PM

I haven't tried it on 1.1 beta 3 yet, that's what led me to my question. I have five forums, two at 1.0.5, one at 1.1, the other two running phpBB and XMB.  I haven't tried the Skype mod yet on 1.1, that's for later this week, but when I installed it on 1.0.5 I had to make several changes to actually see the Skype data entry field when I went into my profile.  Somewhere in a previous post, in a discussion between Gary and I, we traded these suggestions back and forth about how and where to change the mod so it worked somewhat better.  I've not heard anything from the mod creator, but hopefully they're taking these suggestions to heart and will respond soon on if they'll support the mod in 1.1 beta and on.  I'll look for my notes on the changes I had to make, but my changes were needed because I was running the Helios_Multi Theme. Not sure if the skype mod worked on the default theme or not.

Thanks for the info.  When you find your info if you wouldn't mind letting me know I'd appreciate it.  I'm operating on a converted YaBBSE theme as you'll be able to see by going to my forum.  But, I also have other themes I implement at various times.  Some without sidebars, holiday themes, a default one, and so forth.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

dtm.exe

This mod *should* function just fine with SMF 1.1.  Wouldn't hurt to try; it's reversable :) (backups are your friends!).

-Dan The Man

^Raven^

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on August 01, 2005, 11:17:09 PM
This mod *should* function just fine with SMF 1.1.  Wouldn't hurt to try; it's reversable :) (backups are your friends!).

-Dan The Man

You haven't tried it have you?
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

dtm.exe

Quote from: ^Raven^ on August 01, 2005, 11:24:25 PM
You haven't tried it have you?

No but I've read the code :).

-Dan The Man

Advertisement: