News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Urgent, locked out of admin...

Started by tRu3_sKiTz0, June 09, 2010, 08:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tRu3_sKiTz0

Okay, around 11:00 last night I was adding the first threads of content to my new site. After editing my forum rules thread I decided to go into the back and change my admin name. I was warned that my password would be sent and was not worried because my email was open and I knew that I could change it back quite easily. Well the email never came. So problem one is the fact that passwords are not being sent to emails. Problem two is that I can't log into admin. I also put the forum in maintenance mode so I can't create a new account and change it to admin setting through phpmyadmin. I found a post that explained how to change the password sg123 using the code string that was posted. I tried that and it didn't work. I have put weeks into setting this forum up the way I needed it and now I think I totally screwed myself and I have no idea how to unscrew myself. I was in tears at around 1:30 this morning. I even decided not to go into the office today andn just work from home because this issue has me totally disheartened. So if anyone can shoot me some other problem solvers that would be awesome. My current project needs this site to be up by Monday and I'm a little stressed out about it.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT:
Okay I managed to turn off maintenance mode so that I could register a new user and then change the user status to admin. Well I changed a member_id value to 1 and that wasn't enough it just has me as moderator and not admin.

EDIT:
Okay I'm all set. What I did was go back into phpmyadmin and changed id_post_group value to 1 also.

Hopefully anyone with this problem will be able to follow these steps also...

Arantor

It's not the post group you needed to change, but id_group in the table to 1 to reset the admin account - as I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do? describes, the reason I point this out is that when you post more, your post count group will be changed!

As for the email issue, did you get an error for the email not being sent?

Advertisement: