News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

BBC not working..

Started by Abel6669, June 09, 2010, 05:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abel6669

just typed up my rules, for the ol' board, and wanted to format it using the WYSIWYG editor, but when i click on a BBD icon (eg: B for bold) nothing happens.

EDIT: tried it again and it worked perfectly
^^^: only works when i click the "preview" button first....

Arantor

If you click on it then start typing, what happens?

It's a bug in 2.0 that it doesn't actually *appear* as bold.

If that's not your error, a screenshot or similar would be useful since you've been really vague.

Abel6669

If I click on it, then type, nothing happens...if i start typing, then highlight and click it, still nothing..it only works if I am either editing the post or if i "preview" the post, then continue to type.

Arantor

I'm not understanding you when you say nothing. So you get NO change of any kind anywhere on the screen?

Mods installed? Theme?

Abel6669

mods:

1.   TinyPortal   1.098    
2.   AJAX Instant Quick Reply   1.0.3   
3.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1    
4.   Advanced Reputation System   1.8.1    

so far....

its the same for every theme, so themes are not a possible problem (i think)..aaaand, it happens on this forum...

Arantor

So, let me get this straight, in WYSIWYG mode, you click Bold, it doesn't highlight and when you start typing, it isn't in bold?

What browser are you using, since that's the only other common factor?

Abel6669

Correct. I'm using Google Chrome, I think I have a FF install.exe about somewhere if you need me to check other browsers.

Arantor

Google Chrome what? There's three strands of that currently, a dev build, a beta build and a general build.

Abel6669

V. 5.0.375.55.

Windows Xp 32bit

Arantor

Right, so you're using the beta strand of Chrome. Any extensions installed?

(Meanwhile, I'm using the same, so I'm going to test it separately to see if I can confirm what's going on, since remember 2.0 RC3 is a pre-release version, meaning it DOES have some bugs, especially with WYSIWYG)

Abel6669

AdBlock Chromium - Version: 1.2

and a few others, but all are disabled. I'm guessing i just need to upgrade chrome, or wait for SMF 2.0 to become stable.

Arantor

So, let me be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR.

1. Start new topic, WYSIWYG is ON by default
2. Click in the main text box
3. Click on bold
4. Start typing

That's the order you've been doing things?

Cuz that works just fine for me in the same version of Chrome, on WinXP 32 bit. I don't have the Ad Block plugin, and I was using the default theme on a fresh install of SMF 2.0 RC3.

Abel6669

maybe there is a coding error with adblock, because thats the exact order i used.

EDIT: no nothing...

Arantor

And on the default theme?

Abel6669

Still nothing...when i click it the yellow line around the input box vanishes....if that means anything.

Arantor

Abel6669

Arantor

I think it's supposed to do that, it seemed to do that on mine.

Does it work if you disable the Adblock extension?

Abel6669

No, still nothing...maybe a fresh chrome install will fix it..if not, atleast its updated eh?

Arantor

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you, sorry :(

Abel6669

No worries, thanks for your time anyway...

Advertisement: