News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Why are some images not with the theme?

Started by Abel6669, June 09, 2010, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abel6669

IN the attachment below, some images are not visible? did something do wrong when i installed tinyportal from the site? its the same on all themes, so i've narrowed it down to installation bug, can someone confirm this?

Arantor

Did you install the portal before or after the themes?

And when you installed the portal, did you tell it to install on other themes using the section at the bottom of the page?

Abel6669

before the theme in the picture, but its the same on the default SMF theme.

QuoteAnd when you installed the portal, did you tell it to install on other themes using the section at the bottom of the page?

that was not an option when installing...although thinking about it, it should be...*goes to uninstall and install again to check.*

Arantor

Then it's likely a problem with the mod, not with SMF.

As for the option when installing... it probably WAS but it's collapsed by default for reasons I have yet to comprehend.

Abel6669

No, no option for other themes. I'll try the 5.0-1 update from the TP site.

Arantor

So you don't have a bar at the foot of the page entitled "Install on Other Themes" that's looking to be expanded?

Abel6669

No, I guess its not needed since it overwrites all the main files.

link for one of the "images" is

http://1.2.3.13/bmi/pickledsalmon.co.cc/forum/Themes/default/images/tinyportal/TPedit2.gif.

if i can find those images in the installation package, i may be able to isntall them into the theme dirs

those files are not even in the .zip that I uploaded.

Arantor

OK, I just rechecked the installation, it looks like it wasn't installed properly. Did you have any errors when installing TP?

Mick.

Right click on those red "x's" and see what those images are and find them in the ZIP,  then upload them to your custom theme image folder.

Abel6669

I guess so, I think some of the files may of been omitted from the .zip..I'll download from the TP website instead

Arantor

Nah, this is TP; it installs a directory common/tp-images into $boarddir, which wouldn't trigger install on other themes.

Abel6669

I've checked the zip, ive scanned it for the file name
TPedit2.gif
nothing...its not included...strange

Arantor

In the zip you have, is there a folder called common? And in there is there a folder called tp-images ?

Mick.

Like this... Themes/default/images/tinyportal/TPflag2.gif

It looks like this:

Abel6669

indeed there is.

the only folder with anything in it is tp-images, and that doesnt contain any of the images that are needed on the front page.

if any of you have the zip (still, if you use it yourself)..could you send it to me? for some reason it doesnt install correctly for me

Arantor

Hmm.

Something's broken somewhere since not all the files are being included...

Abel6669

downloading again from TP main site...lets see.

still nothing...this is really weird.

http://pickledsalmon.co.cc/forum/index.php can you see the images?

Advertisement: