• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
September 21, 2021, 04:44:01 AM

News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!


No Post shown when Guest tries to view Forum

Started by pingpongrob, June 10, 2010, 12:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pingpongrob

Hi All, dont know why I have this problem, but when logged in as a General Member all posts can be seen, but guests that are viewing cannot see anything except an error

http://www.affordablett.com.au/smf/index.php/topic,601.0.html

I'm using the Latest version of Smf. I've also searched permissions for guests but cannot find anything that would change this problem.
Thanks in advance.

smp420

Edit the board make sure guest access is checked.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

xenovanis

Are guests allowed to view the forum? Admin -> Edit and Features.

What modifications did you install?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pingpongrob

Quote from: xenovanis on June 10, 2010, 02:59:11 PM
Are guests allowed to view the forum? Admin -> Edit and Features.

What modifications did you install?
Thanks for taking the time to help.
In Admin, the section I think you are taking about is Admin->Features & Options.  There is nothing there for guest access.
Here is the link to the screenshot. I tried to attach - but an error occured 3 times.

xenovanis

Could you try disabling Search Friendly Url's?

Do you have any mods installed?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pingpongrob

Quote from: xenovanis on June 11, 2010, 01:43:00 AM
Could you try disabling Search Friendly Url's?

Do you have any mods installed?
I have the following


I also have the following happen, easier to explain with pictures
Awaiting Approval


And error message when clicked


xenovanis

Please turn off Search Friendly Url's and see if that works.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pingpongrob

Quote from: xenovanis on June 11, 2010, 02:24:09 AM
Please turn off Search Friendly Url's and see if that works.
I did that before post the above.

xenovanis

Sorry, missed that.

In Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features, do you have Postmoderation enabled? I'm not sure how it works and where the messages can be approved, but it's probably somewhere in the Moderation Centre.

To see if this causes the issue, try turning off Postmoderation.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pingpongrob

Quote from: xenovanis on June 11, 2010, 02:46:52 AM
Sorry, missed that.

In Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features, do you have Postmoderation enabled? I'm not sure how it works and where the messages can be approved, but it's probably somewhere in the Moderation Centre.

To see if this causes the issue, try turning off Postmoderation.
Postmoderation was OFF, but I turned it on then turned it back off.  Now the error has gone away, but no posts show. See pic below.

CapadY

Goto Admin - Forum - Boards - Modify Board.

Open modifying a board and you will be able to select the usergroups that are able to view the board.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

pingpongrob

Quote from: capady on June 11, 2010, 05:12:24 AM
Goto Admin - Forum - Boards - Modify Board.

Open modifying a board and you will be able to select the usergroups that are able to view the board.
been there, but there is no such option for guests.

CapadY

When that option isn't there you have removed the "Guest" usergroup.
All available usergroups are shown there and you can enable or disable if they can view the particular board.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

pingpongrob

Quote from: capady on June 11, 2010, 05:57:47 AM
When that option isn't there you have removed the "Guest" usergroup.
All available usergroups are shown there and you can enable or disable if they can view the particular board.
The Guest user group is there - below is a picture


here are the options

CapadY

That's not the place I told you to look at.

I Told you to have a look at the Boards and you are looking at the Permissions.

Once again:

Go to Admin - Forum - Boards - Modify Board

And then click Modify for the board you want guest to be able to see.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

pingpongrob

Quote from: capady on June 11, 2010, 07:23:27 AM
That's not the place I told you to look at.

I Told you to have a look at the Boards and you are looking at the Permissions.

Once again:

Go to Admin - Forum - Boards - Modify Board

And then click Modify for the board you want guest to be able to see.
Firstly thankyou for taking the time to help, I know it can be frustrating, but I'm also pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem.
Below is the screen shot.


xenovanis

Pingpongrob, were you able to fix this? It seems I can open a couple of topics, though some boards seem to be empty while posts were counted on the boardindex. Can you post back on your progress?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pingpongrob

June 11, 2010, 04:06:05 PM #17 Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:09:22 PM by pingpongrob
Quote from: xenovanis on June 11, 2010, 02:15:45 PM
Pingpongrob, were you able to fix this? It seems I can open a couple of topics, though some boards seem to be empty while posts were counted on the boardindex. Can you post back on your progress?
Good Morning Xenovanis,  I have cleared my cache and when logged out I cannot view the Topic at all,
http://www.affordablett.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=601.0

Does anyone know what value needs to be changed in my database, I am happy to try this through PHP.

smp420

Try enabling post moderation again and go to Moderation Center » Unapproved Posts there you can approve all posts then disable it again.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

pingpongrob

Quote from: smp420 on June 11, 2010, 04:10:09 PM
Try enabling post moderation again and go to Moderation Center » Unapproved Posts there you can approve all posts then disable it again.
Tried that. Funny thing - have a look at the picture below.



Another thing in PHP - topic database I notice that mine aren't in order according to the id_topic field - is this normal.

Advertisement: