How to avoid email and newsletter going Spam folder?

Started by thaj, April 09, 2010, 08:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaj

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

When ever i sent a email or newsletter i am seeing the email in Spam folder. How can i avoid this.

Regards,
Thaj
www.jobslinked.in
Career Forum [nofollow]

kat

Hi and welcome, Thaj!

You've not really told us enough, for us to help you, I'm afraid.

When you say "Whenever i sent an email or newsletter i am seeing the email in Spam folder", what do you mean? Which Spam folder? Where?

flapjack

probably you need to configure sending newsletter through a regular email account instead of default php function

irtiza104

welcome to SMF.

I would like to know the answer of this question too...

vbgamer45

You need to build up your email reputation and that takes a lot of time.
Based on your ip history, domain, blacklists, message content, qty of email  you send etc.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

rd

All the Emails I send never end up on the spam folder anyway, it might depend on your host, their IP might have
been blacklisted or something like that.

Ensiferous

Wow. What a load of almost completely useless posts.

He gave us his domain, that's pretty much all you need to do initial research. For instance there is no SPF record configured, in fact you only have an invalid "j<br>" text record for your domain. This is definitely hurting your inbox/spambox rate.

If I do a lookup on your domain ip then it resolves to cpanel.brainpulsehosting.com, this means you're going to fail a reverse DNS lookup, this will cause issues with AOL (Though, I only noticed this with high volume) and some strict ISPs.

You probably cannot do much about the rDNS as I'm assuming you're on shared hosting, but you'll definitely want to research SPF records, that will get you a long step of the way.

The good news, though, is that your IP is not black listed.

The reputation will come with time, you could be lucky your IP already has it, but your domain will work up one as well. (With mail clients that supports this, of course)

You might also want to run your email through spam assassin to check your spam score, though with default SMF emails that should not be a problem.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

Reaven87

My forum has the same problem too!

www.bfitalia.com

I can't send any newsletter....

Advertisement: