integrate SMF and Cutenews

Started by madcow007, June 11, 2005, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madcow007

hello i was wondering if it is possible to integrate SMF and Cutenews { hxxp:cutephp.com/cutenews/ [nonactive]}  so when users register for my forums they will be able to comment on my portal ive searched google and these forums however i havent found much about integrating cutenews

thanks

[Unknown]

I'm afraid this is the first I've heard about it.  Have you asked them how plauable it is to integrate other software with it?

-[Unknown]

SusanTN

Quote from: madcow007 on June 11, 2005, 06:41:12 PM
hello i was wondering if it is possible to integrate SMF and Cutenews { http://cutephp.com/cutenews/}  so when users register for my forums they will be able to comment on my portal ive searched google and these forums however i havent found much about integrating cutenews

Since Cutenews uses flatfile databases instead of SQL you would have to have a external process that went through the smf users database and exported it to the cutenews user.db.php file. My suggestion is to post in the Help Wanted Forum here. One of the coders could whip up a custom script you could run out of your cron.

madcow007

Thank you for your suggestions however it seems like it may be more trouble then its worth to integrate cutenews could anyone suggest a similar news management software that could be integrated with SMF

[Unknown]

StephanL

I am also looking for something like this, i can always make a hole news system by myself bit it is easier if i can use it with a exists news system.

madcow007

thank you for all your help guys i think ill try to rig something up using ssi.php etc im also going ot look at a few portals

Advertisement: