News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Guest Registration Notification

Started by live627, June 18, 2010, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascaland

Can you attach your Subs.php (without the ~, there is a difference)? :)

ishy

You're right, I did the wrong one, but it still isn't showing up after I added that.

ascaland

Maybe try this,
$buffer = str_replace('<div id="bodyarea">', '<div id="bodyarea">' . $notification, $buffer);

ishy

filipes

Quote from: Project Evolution on October 02, 2011, 11:22:52 AM
Quote from: Shawn Gossman on October 02, 2011, 11:10:52 AM
Okay, so what should I do? Manually install?

Unless you dissect the HTML code out of the integrateTemplateGRN function, your best bet is to modify that integration hook. Try this for Subs.php,
Code (Find) Select
// Put HTML replacement under this comment for other themes (other than default)!
Code (Add After) Select
$buffer = str_replace('<div id="bodyarea">', '<div id="bodyarea">' . $notification, $buffer);
Why this does not work with my theme...Damaged design 2010 by, Crip...
thks

ascaland

Because that particular tag may not be defined in that theme. You need to look for the appropriate tag in the index.template.php for the buffer to replace with.

filipes

Quote from: Project Evolution on November 10, 2011, 04:31:14 PM
Because that particular tag may not be defined in that theme. You need to look for the appropriate tag in the index.template.php for the buffer to replace with.
Hello
I think I do not understand how to do that here is my index.template.php to see if you can help me....
thks

ascaland

I was actually able to find the tag, so it should have worked. Can you elaborate more when you say "it doesnt work?" Does it not show up? Is it not in the correct place?

I also want to know: did you add that line of code to Subs.php properly?

filipes

Quote from: Project Evolution on November 11, 2011, 04:22:16 PM
I was actually able to find the tag, so it should have worked. Can you elaborate more when you say "it doesnt work?" Does it not show up? Is it not in the correct place?

I also want to know: did you add that line of code to Subs.php properly?
Hello
It does not show up, yes for the Subs.php!
thks

ascaland

ascaland

ascaland

Quote from: filipes on November 12, 2011, 04:13:05 PM
Quote from: Project Evolution on November 12, 2011, 10:43:34 AM
Give this one a try.
Thks, does not work  :-X

Im sorry but I dont know the solution. You replaced the Subs.php on your webserver with what I attached right?

cotty

I am having the same problem as a few of the other previous people, installed fine with no errors, and does not show up as a guest. I have tried adding the line you said to add to others in the subs.php file and still nothing.

Im using SMF2.0.1 with BlackRain V3 theme.

I have attached my sub.php file if this is any help.

Cheers

ascaland

Any changes to the $buffer variable need to be applied before the return statement. Attached is the updated Subs.php file.

cotty

Quote from: Project Evolution on November 18, 2011, 05:12:22 PM
Any changes to the $buffer variable need to be applied before the return statement. Attached is the updated Subs.php file.

hmmm still didnt seem to work. I replaced the subs.php and reinstalled and didnt seem to work? Is there something I am doing wrong??

ascaland

Can you attach your index.template.php file please.

cotty

ascaland

Depending on your theme, it would either be,
$buffer = str_replace('<div id="content_wrap">', '<div id="content_wrap">' . $notification, $buffer);

Or,
$buffer = str_replace('<div id="content_wrap">', $notification . '<div id="content_wrap">', $buffer);

Do some experimenting to find out. Be sure to have that ABOVE the return statement in the integrateGRNBuffer method (Subs.php edit). :)

ascaland

Thanks for using Guest Registration Notification! Version 1.5 is now out and replaces integration hooks with template layer changes for easier use with any theme!

Advertisement: