Guest Registration Notification

Started by live627, June 18, 2010, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascaland

Quote from: Kat9119 on August 24, 2010, 07:51:21 PM
Im thinking of installing this, but I'm curious if there is a way to change the colors of the box and border

Im going to add options like such, but for now it is attatched to the default error box SMF uses when a user hasnt deleted install.php for example. This will be fixed in the next version which will be up soon.

coucnilhomeswap

Quote from: Project Evolution on August 24, 2010, 08:48:43 PM
Im thinking of installing this, but I'm curious if there is a way to change the colors of the box and border

Im going to add options like such, but for now it is attatched to the default error box SMF uses when a user hasnt deleted install.php for example. This will be fixed in the next version which will be up soon.

but how do i change the color as i have a grey themed site

ascaland

Quote from: my S-M-F mods on August 27, 2010, 09:08:43 AM

Right now you would have to manually go into each the BoardIndex, Display and MessageIndex template files and edit the CSS directly in there. Im hoping to release version 1.2 with an easier interface to do so.

coucnilhomeswap

Quote from: Project Evolution on August 27, 2010, 10:27:06 AM
Quote from: my S-M-F mods on August 27, 2010, 09:08:43 AM

Right now you would have to manually go into each the BoardIndex, Display and MessageIndex template files and edit the CSS directly in there. Im hoping to release version 1.2 with an easier interface to do so.

ive changed all 3 from red to grey but it aint worked

ascaland

Guest Registration Notification version 1.2 is finally out!
Check the original post for more information.

Bugo

Updated russian translation for version 1.2 of this mod. Please update files in package.

ascaland

Kat9119

Awesome, thanks I'll have to give it a try

dsanchez

ascaland

Im glad you decided to use my modification, thanks everyone.

sharks

I am also using it on 2 of my forums, one running on SMF 1.1.11 and the other on SMF 2.0 RC3. Both forums are working great with this mod. :D

Thanks for the updated version, Project Evolution.

ascaland

dsanchez

it's possible to show the message in all boards except the boards index? thanks :)

ascaland

Quote from: dsanchez on September 12, 2010, 01:30:49 PM
it's possible to show the message in all boards except the boards index? thanks :)

As a matter of fact you would have to take the code out of the BoardIndex.template.php file manually. When I designed the mod I always thought its main purpose should be in the board index.  :P

dsanchez

Quote from: Project Evolution on September 12, 2010, 02:52:49 PM
As a matter of fact you would have to take the code out of the BoardIndex.template.php file manually. When I designed the mod I always thought its main purpose should be in the board index.  :P

Yes I understand, is just that I want to put an ad there. I will leave the guest notification in all the other boards by default :)

Paul_Pauline

Great mod, installed flawlessly, and being able to change the colours in the admin panel is a massive improvement !

Thanks a lot  :)
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

ascaland

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on September 18, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
Great mod, installed flawlessly, and being able to change the colours in the admin panel is a massive improvement !

Thanks a lot  :)

Thanks for using! Im always open for suggestions too.

Kat9119

Want to install this but test failed on ModSettings. I went to parse the file and add the edits myself. But I'm stuck.

It says to find

),
),
);

// Select the right tab based on the sub action.

and replace with

),
'guestnotify' => array(
'title' => $txt['guest_notify_tab'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=guestnotify;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
),
),
);

However, my file doesn't have the three - ), ), and ); Instead mine looks like:

$context['admin_tabs']['tabs']['rules'] = array(
'title' => $txt['mods_cat_rules'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=rules;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
);

$context['admin_tabs']['tabs']['pages'] = array(
'title' => $txt['dozen_pages_cat'],
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=featuresettings;sa=pages;sesc=' . $context['session_id'],
);

if (isset($context['admin_tabs']['tabs'][$context['sub_action']]))
$context['admin_tabs']['tabs'][$context['sub_action']]['is_selected'] = true;

I'm sure its something simple, but I didn't want to break it.

Thanks for the help!

ascaland

Can you attatch your ModSettings.php file? Its a modificzation thats interfering with GRN's installation.

Kat9119

Sure, here ya go. Thanks for the help.

This one is with all the edits it needs except that one.

Advertisement: