News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how can we convert my forum 2.0 to 1.11

Started by Salapam, June 19, 2010, 08:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salapam

Dear All,

I like my old version, i convert my forum to 2.0 rc now i need to go back to 1.11...can anybody help me... thanks in advance

Norv

Can you please tell, do you have a backup of the 1.1.11 forum database?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Salapam

Norv

I'm afraid you cannot get it back, then. Unless you start doing a lot (and I mean a lot) of manual work in the database, to undo everything that the upgrade changed.
I strongly advice you don't even try, unless you are certain you know what you're doing every step of the way... And of course: please take a backup before doing anything.

There are people around these forums who have done the downgrade back to 1.1.11. Perhaps if you want, you could ask for free or paid help in the Help Wanted (not for support) board. Please make sure you make a backup and choose carefully the persons you give access to your site, considering their history and other jobs feedback.

On the other hand, why exactly do you want to downgrade? Afaik, 2.0 RC3 has all the features 1.1.11 has, and more.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: