News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search results only on one page - 2.0 RC3

Started by sdsi, June 24, 2010, 10:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdsi

Hi,

I'm testing 2.0 RC3 - after upgrade large forum from IkonBoard 3.1.5 via SMF 1.1.11 to SMF 2.0 RC3

When I searching some testing words, forum displays e.g 30 results - and always doesn't display number of displayed page links.

I can set-up number of search results per page for more or less value and works ok - but I can see only one page with search results.

Please - give me any sugest to fix it

xenovanis

For some reason this sometimes happens to me on this very site too, but on my own site it's working fine.

What is the search method you're currently using?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

sdsi

After upgrade I have some missing posts in mysql database. When I delete them from database with phpmyadmin script the problem is gone. But this is bug I think

xenovanis

You had missing posts in your database which you then deleted? Sorry, not following that.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

NanoSector

I think he meant that he had tables that were missing it's data so he has deleted them for SMF to create new...
Shorten: Broken tables (I think)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

sdsi

Sorry for my English :)

For example - my mysql database has 1000 posts. But not all of them I can access from my board - for example I can access only 900 posts. I don't know why. This is what I have after I upgrade forum from IkonBoard to SMF 1.1.11 and next to SMF 2. RC3. When I delete 100 missing posts from mysql database (via phpmyadmin) the search function works fine.

xenovanis

How strange. Did you run a find and repair any errors from your forummaintenance after the conversion? Just curious, since the posts are already gone it doesn't matter anymore.

NanoSector

When search starts to act weird use Find and Repair any errors in:
Admin > Maintenance
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

sdsi

There are ALL post in "smf_messages" table but some of them are missing in "smf_topics" table.

Do you know how to rebuild "smf_topics" according content of "smf_messages" table? For example - I can backup missing posts to sql file but I need any tool (for example php script) to rebuild content of "smf_topic" for these posts.

Please - help me with this,

Thanks

xenovanis

Did you try using the Find and Repair option? It should be able to fix your issues.

sdsi

Yes - you are right. It fix this problem. Thanks.

After that search function sometimes works fine (show results on a few pages); but sometimes on one page (max results acording settings, e.g 30 results on one page).

NanoSector

Quote from: sdsi on June 27, 2010, 02:22:12 PM

After that search function sometimes works fine (show results on a few pages); but sometimes on one page (max results acording settings, e.g 30 results on one page).
are you sure that the settings are correct?

Paul_Pauline

Quote from: xenovanis on June 24, 2010, 06:30:12 PM
For some reason this sometimes happens to me on this very site too, but on my own site it's working fine.

What is the search method you're currently using?

This ALWAYS happens for me on this site, no matter how many pages of results you get from a search, you can only ever view the first page  :o

I believe K@ has the same problem.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

flapjack

do you search for more than one word? if so - this is a known bug with rc3

sdsi

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 27, 2010, 02:47:55 PM
Quote from: sdsi on June 27, 2010, 02:22:12 PM

are you sure that the settings are correct?

For example - I enter value 30 results on one page (default) and search very popular word on ma forum. Forum displays 30 results on one page and no more. Next I enter for example value 200 results on one page and search again this word. Forum displays 200 results on one page and no more pages... I try it with SMF 1.1.11 and works fine. But SMF 2.RC3 has this bug, I think

Deaks

well seeing as its not just you that gets it and other people including staff are getting this does seem like a bug,  the options are report this as a bug now or see if rc4 sorts it when its released (no idea whan that will be though)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Fisch.666

Hi!

Sorry for pushing this thread, but i have the same problem at my SMF 2.0 RC5 forum. (had the same problem with RC2 and RC3)

If i set "results on one page" to 30 and search for a word i'm getting 30 results. If i set this to 50, i'm getting 50 results and if i set it to 999 i'm getting 366 results (i think this are all results which should be split into 13 pages if i set the "results on one page" to 30.

I'm using a fulltext index and my sql user has the INDEX and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE permissions and the Find and Repair option doesn't find any errors.

Software:
SMF 2.0 RC5
Mysql 5.1.49
Php 5.3.3

My forum was converted from DCForum+ to SMF 1.1.x and some month later to SMF 2.0 RCx. Maybe the converting of the forum is the problem.

Any hints how to fix this? Thanks in advance for a reply.

Advertisement: