[Theme] Ig-Oh for 1.0.8 & 1.1 RC3

Started by weber, June 14, 2005, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weber

aw06

Quote from: koni on March 26, 2006, 06:14:53 PM
Can you show me the screen shot?

Im goin to install the update and see if it fixes it ...

I notice attachments also arnt display, hopefully the update will address that as well
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

Im a very happy camper now .. installed update and everthing working ok now  :P thanks Koni

BTW .. the last option you have on the theme options page .. " hide theme vesion attention " what exactly does it hide ?

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

weber

I made attention displayed when the version of SMF and the version of the theme were different though I wrote last time. It is displayed at the position that stands out very much.

I saw some users who reported on the trouble that occurred by installing the theme of a different version. To teach it to the user, this function was added.

However, the theme of the same version might not occasionally be able to be installed. For instance, I do not participate in this community, and the theme is not updated. :P In that case, the user should switch to a promptly different theme. However, there might be a user who wants to use this theme for a while. It is not significant that such a user keeps seeing this attention. This option exists for that.

aw06

zoro

Hi:

I'm new to PHP, mySQL, and such. I just installed SMF 1.1 RC2 on my domain and switched to Ig-Oh  1.1 RC2 from the SMF default theme. It worked for a few hour; every time new user registers, I receive a notice about the registration. However, it seemed that the option has stopped working recently.  Looking at "Forum Error Log" I saw 2 errors that regard to undefined indexes, i.e. visual_postmod_manager (line 2763 in public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php),  and visual_warning_management (line 2762 in public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php). How do I fix these errors ? TIA.

weber

Are you installing the theme corresponding to SMF 1.1 RC2?  Moreover, does the problem occur in the theme of default? Or, is not mod concerning some registration installed?

zoro

Quote from: koni on March 30, 2006, 08:42:07 AM
Are you installing the theme corresponding to SMF 1.1 RC2?  Moreover, does the problem occur in the theme of default? Or, is not mod concerning some registration installed?

Yes, I downloaded the file for SMF 1.1 RC2. The problem doesn't occur in the default theme of SMF.

Please see the images: hxxp:imageshack.us [nonactive],  hxxp:imageshack.us [nonactive]
The Ig-Oh theme was missing 2 items.

weber

You are installing some mod. The reason for the error is it. Neither "Warning management" nor "Post moderation manager" exist in SMF 1.1 RC2 of normality.

All mods are designed for the theme of default. Therefore, when you use mod by this theme, it is necessary to add by yourself.

How to make mods work with themes?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

aw06

I dont see
Warning Management
Post Moderation Manager

And im using 1.1rc2 and i dont see those two options ? ... those most be mods

Koni, will you be updating the theme when 1.1 final comes out :)

zoro

Quote from: koni on March 30, 2006, 04:50:38 PM
You are installing some mod. The reason for the error is it. Neither "Warning management" nor "Post moderation manager" exist in SMF 1.1 RC2 of normality.

All mods are designed for the theme of default. Therefore, when you use mod by this theme, it is necessary to add by yourself.

How to make mods work with themes?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34526.0

But, when I switched to other themes, Warning Management and Post Moderation Manager were not missing.

weber

There is "languages" directory in the theme. It is used when there is a language file customized only for the theme. And, all files of the language of default are used when there is no language file customized only for the theme. Therefore, the theme problem (The character is not found) without the language file customized only for the theme doesn't occur.

To display the added word, Ig-OH has the customized "Modifications.english.php" file. When the theme is switched to Ig-OH, it is used by priority.

"Modifications.english.php" of the theme of default is a blank usually. Because it is language file for customizing. The latest SMF 1.1RC2  file was downloaded and confirmed. It has not changed now. When the "Modifications.english.php" file of usual default is opened, it is displayed as follows.

<?php
// Version: 1.1 RC2; Modifications

?>

When "Modifications.english.php" of your default theme is opened, characters other than the above-mentioned will be displayed. It is proof in which mod is installed.

The character added by mod is applied only to "Modifications.english.php" of the theme of default. The problem doesn't occur because the theme without special "Modifications.english.php"  uses "Modifications.english.php" of the theme of default. However, there is special "Modifications.english.php" in Ig-Oh, and it is used by priority. Naturally, the character added by mod is not displayed.

Well, was why the character of mod was not displayed in Ig-Oh then able to be understood?

Ximder

Quote from: koni on March 27, 2006, 07:26:16 PM
I made attention displayed when the version of SMF and the version of the theme were different though I wrote last time. It is displayed at the position that stands out very much.

I saw some users who reported on the trouble that occurred by installing the theme of a different version. To teach it to the user, this function was added.

However, the theme of the same version might not occasionally be able to be installed. For instance, I do not participate in this community, and the theme is not updated. :P In that case, the user should switch to a promptly different theme. However, there might be a user who wants to use this theme for a while. It is not significant that such a user keeps seeing this attention. This option exists for that.

This can solution rewriting on index.template.php on
if ($forum_version != 'SMF 1.0.6')
replace it with the number 6 for 7 if you have the 1.0.7 version.

soulmanpete

trying top change the colour (to Royal Blue )& make the name of the Forum in Bold
I have found this
valign="middle"><span style="font-family: Georgia, sans-serif;">', $context['forum_name'], '</span>
      </td><td align="right" width="275px" class="topbg_r" valign="top">';

can change fonts but not sure how to change colour or make bold etc

aw06

Koni .. is there a way i can get some smilies in the quick reply section .. my members are begging me for it ... Also my members love your theme ..

Check me out ... www.jagdyb.com 8)

licheng

Since there're some problems with Taiwanese UTF-8 with SMF 1.1RC2, I'm still using previous version of Ig-Oh theme in SMF 1.0.7.

My question is, is it safe to use previous version of Ig-Oh theme with SMF 1.0.7?

Or, is it safe to use Ig-Oh for SMF 1.0.6 in SMF 1.0.7?

Thanks in advance. :)

Deaks

the upgrades from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 did not affect the themes directory, so yes it is safe to use the 1.0.6 version on your 1.0.7 forum :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

licheng

afterglow

hi there! where can i download the green version of this theme for smf 1.1 rc2?

never mind. i found out its location after going through all the pages. i hope Koni would also include the greenpatch download info at the front so those looking for it can find it easily without having to read all the pages.

anyway, thank you very much for this cool theme. you rock!

regards,
afterglow

bendeylac

Gorgeous ! I'm french user of smf, and I discovered your first theme 2 days ago. With translated button ! Thank you to think about it !

I love your style, and I'm waiting for the next one...  ;)

EDIT,

In the french pack, there are errors on buttons.
home.gif in french is "Accueil", and here it's written Acceuil
logout.gif in french is déconnexion, and here it's written in an "english way" : deconnection
login.gif... the same : connection.
new_poll.gif... it's written New sondage instead of Nouveau sondage... but in that case, it's shorter, so it's understandable.

It's just some mistakes, but it doesn't change that your theme is gorgeous ! Thx a lot.  ;D

Advertisement: