Problems with attachments files - same database different folders

Started by fsctmikado, December 12, 2014, 08:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsctmikado

Hi,
I upgraded my joomla to 3.3 and moved all the files to another folder. The database of joomla is different to the smf database, so that the database of smf is the same without any changes.
I had 2 attachments folders attachments/attachments_2

The joomla page is ok, the smf too, only many of the avatars and pictures are not seen. I got a 404 error page. But only from the pictures in the folder attachments_2.
The pictures are in the database and also in the folder attachment_2. I created a new attachments_3 folder and all the new pictures I uploaded are now seen, but not the old ones from the second folder. As I didn´t found any solution,  I looked in the database of the former version and for this moment I can see all the pictures, because I did the following changes in smf_settings attachmentUploadDir:
new one says:
a:3:{i:1;s:61:"/pages/xx/xx/dxxx/home/htxxx/newfolder/smf/attachments";i:2;s:64:"/pages//xx/xx/dxxx/home/htxxx/newfolder/smf/attachments_02";i:5;s:64:"/pages//xx/xx/dxxx/home/htxxx/newdfolder/smf/attachments_03";}
old one says:
a:2:{i:1;s:57:"/pages/xx/xx/dxxx/home/htxxx/oldfolder/smf/attachments";i:4;s:60:"/pagesxx/xx/dxxx/home/htxxx/oldfolder/smf/attachments_02";}

Does anybody know, where there are the mistakes I made? It would be easy to change joomla back to the old folder, but that es not the solution. I must be able to change a folder.

Sorry for my english, I am not so common with this language.
Petra
PS. I wrote already in the German part without a response, may be somebody here knows what is wrong and what I can change :-)

kat

I've never changed the attachments directory... But, if you go to the section where you set the attachment settings, in Admin, specifically the "Attachments directory", you can check/set the path(s), there.

Does that help, at all?

fsctmikado

I didn´t change the attachments-folders, only the the folder on my server, where smf is hosted.

Of course, I checked the path, it was the same in attachment_02 like in attachment. The pictures of attachment are visible and the pictures of attament_02 had an error 404. New pictures I uploaded in attachment_02 are alsi visible. So it can´t be a wrong path.

kat

Well, a 404 is "Not found". From that, it seems the paths are wrong, or something's read-protected.

Hmmm... I don't know a thing about Joomla. :( Could that be taking over, somehow? I don't see how. But...

(Just throwing suggestions around, tiz all)

fsctmikado

Thanks, the forum has nothing to do with joomla. Ok I can try once more to change the folder from smf.
I will copy all smf-files per putty in a new folder and I will leave the database untouched. Then I will change the pathes and see what´s going on.

margarett

Did you use repair_settings?
IIRC, repair_settings doesn't handle multiple attachments and, as such, only the first attachments folder path was corrected. You need to manually fix it in attachments settings ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

fsctmikado

Thanks, Margarett, I used repair_settings, but I saw the mistake with the different folders and fixed it manually.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on December 12, 2014, 05:09:32 PM
Did you use repair_settings?
IIRC, repair_settings doesn't handle multiple attachments and, as such, only the first attachments folder path was corrected. You need to manually fix it in attachments settings ;)

repair_settings.php should handle multiple paths just not show what the path should be for the additional paths.

fsctmikado

May be the reason is, because the group of the files in the attachments_2 folder is different from the other attachments folder. That could be the reason, why the pictures couldnt be seen. I will check it out.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fsctmikado

I don´t know why, but it was  >:(
So I changed the group and now all is "running".
Thanks all!
Petra

Advertisement: