News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

To hide category from board index

Started by Joker™, June 26, 2010, 08:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

QuoteIn fact - maybe sold it for the highest price ever for an smf forum

Oh? I think you might be surprised how much some of the SMF forums have gone for. I've known SMF installs go for 5-figure sums, and that's just the ones I was involved in doing work for on some level.

I'm still not convinced how having animated board icons is actually good for usability, and if it's fast animation it will certainly be detrimental.

Kindred

Well, actually, you can set permissions for multiple boards at once by using the permissions profiles ...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lomaalta

WOW!  8 figures...!  impressive!!!!    Just 6 figures for me.  Now I feel small.  :P

lomaalta

Quote from: Kindred on December 12, 2014, 11:00:22 PM
Well, actually, you can set permissions for multiple boards at once by using the permissions profiles ...

AHHHH  THANK YOU!

Kindred

But, I don't think that actually handles the visibility permission...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It doesn't, no.

But building the UI to support such is a bad idea because it's an edge case and we don't build for edge cases.

You *could* do it with SQL manually updating the tables, though if it's really that big a deal.

lomaalta

Quote from: Arantor on December 12, 2014, 11:04:57 PM
It doesn't, no.

You *could* do it with SQL manually updating the tables, though if it's really that big a deal.

Right....  thanks.

Advertisement: