News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Wasting space!

Started by forfun, June 26, 2010, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Did you reupload a new fresh index.css to your .themes/default/css/ directory, because, I'm pretty sure that should have fixed it

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Have you check your Display.template.php? Did you add any mod that changed that file?

forfun

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on June 26, 2010, 02:26:15 PM
Have you check your Display.template.php? Did you add any mod that changed that file?
I didn't recall to to anything with this file, but I can reup a new copy to see what will happen.

Btw, your forum look fine to me in the default Curve (theme=1) in all Chrome, IE8 & FF 3.6.4.

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 02:20:10 PM
Did you reupload a new fresh index.css to your .themes/default/css/ directory, because, I'm pretty sure that should have fixed it

I did reup a new copy, and I have noticed after the change is the color of the global announcement topic.
I will redo it again!

forfun

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on June 26, 2010, 02:30:53 PM
Btw, your forum look fine to me in the default Curve (theme=1) in all Chrome, IE8 & FF 3.6.4.

It should be looked fine with any IE, because I am looking at this site fine with my IE7.  Again, the problem is gone if I switch to CORE them, which is it is right now!
I will switch back to CURVE to do more testing.

You dont have to change theme to Curve for now if it is broken. We can add &theme=1 in the url to view your forum in default Curve theme which looks fine to me so far. Try cleaning up cookies etc for your IE7

NanoSector

IE7 works fine with the site.

Don't feel like updating.

Your screen is too small. SMF has no room on your screen.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

forfun

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on June 26, 2010, 02:41:09 PM
You dont have to change theme to Curve for now if it is broken. We can add &theme=1 in the url to view your forum in default Curve theme which looks fine to me so far. Try cleaning up cookies etc for your IE7

Hurray! It works now! 
Thanks SO MUCH everyone.  You are GREAT!
A new index.css file, and clear all the cache, cookies, histories have solved the problem.  Except that I affect the color display of the global announcement, but I can deal the it later.
Now, gotta watch USA ans GHANA! :)

forfun

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 26, 2010, 02:50:26 PM

Even though the problem is 99.99% solved, but I will appreciate if you can show me how to change the screen to 100% width with CURVE theme.
Thanks

NanoSector

Quote from: forfun on June 26, 2010, 02:55:40 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on June 26, 2010, 02:50:26 PM

Even though the problem is 99.99% solved, but I will appreciate if you can show me how to change the screen to 100% width with CURVE theme.
Thanks
You mean that Windows does not fit your screen fully?

Desktop Right Click > Properties > Settings (Windows XP)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: forfun on June 26, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

Hurray! It works now! 
A new index.css file, and clear all the cache, cookies, histories have solved the problem.  Except that I affect the color display of the global announcement, but I can deal the it later.

I know a CSS problem when I see one :)

I will make this topic Solved then.

EDIT:

Are there still issues? I think my post came in just before yours

EDIT 2:

It seems to be perfect to me, even when I resize the browser window smaller,

For the global announcement issue, check the mod site and parse, look for any edits to index.css, if any add them manually. That should fix that.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Glad to hear that. For the witdh of your forum find "body" css in your css file. Good luck with your favorite football team.

forfun

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on June 26, 2010, 02:59:11 PM
Glad to hear that. For the witdh of your forum find "body" css in your css file. Good luck with your favorite football team.

Thanks so MUCH for all the helps!

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 02:57:04 PM
Quote from: forfun on June 26, 2010, 02:53:27 PM

Hurray! It works now! 

I know a CSS problem when I see one :)

I will make this topic Solved then.

EDIT:

Are there still issues? I think my post came in just before yours

EDIT 2:

It seems to be perfect to me, even when I resize the browser window smaller,

For the global announcement issue, check the mod site and parse, look for any edits to index.css, if any add them manually. That should fix that.

Thanks so MUCH for all the help!
You guys are GREAT!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Oh one more thing, to make those announcements the right color, to match the curve theme

In index.css (again) change

Code (Find) Select

.yagam
{
    background: #EFC8B3;
}

Code (Replace) Select

.yagam
{
    background: #d8e1e7;
}

Or you can pick any color and add it there, you can use English to instead of the HTML colors, ie.

background: Blue;

SMF 2.0 RC5

forfun

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on June 26, 2010, 03:09:38 PM
Oh one more thing, to make those announcements the right color, to match the curve theme

In index.css (again) change

Code (Find) Select

.yagam
{
    background: #EFC8B3;
}

Code (Replace) Select

.yagam
{
    background: #d8e1e7;
}

Or you can pick any color and add it there, you can use English to instead of the HTML colors, ie.

background: Blue;

That's GREAT!
I know that I should start another topic, but if you don't mind, please show me how I can change the forum width.  I would like it show the full width (Curve theme).
Thanks much in advanced

busterone

With default curve set as your forum theme
Look in - Admin/Configuration/Current Theme    -  there is a box to set your width

Edit- I forgot about the padding- Look in Themes/default/css/index.css for this code-
body
{
background: #E9EEF2 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;
font: 78%/130% "Verdana", "Arial", "Helvetica", sans-serif;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 15px 5%;
}

The 15px padding is what needs changing. If you want 100 percent screen width, change 15px to 0pix

forfun

Quote from: busterone on June 26, 2010, 03:30:13 PM
With default curve set as your forum theme
Look in - Admin/Configuration/Current Theme    -  there is a box to set your width

Yes, I have set that to 100%, but it is not, as you can see on my website. http://www.hdvtwinforums.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

busterone

I edited my post as you were posting. see above edit  :)

Advertisement: