News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

' + smf_images_url + '

Started by searchgr, June 27, 2010, 04:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchgr

[Sun Jun 27 02:47:55 2010] [error] [client 92.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxx/public_html/' + smf_images_url + ', referer: http://www.xxxxxx.xxx/index.php?action=post;topic=4268.msg46531

I have some server error logs like the above one. Any ideas what is causing these errors?

xenovanis

Can you check your forum errorlog and see how the error is entered in there?

Regarding this error, what are the issues you and your users experience?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

searchgr

No issues, no logs in the forum' error log file. These errors appear only in the server error log file (via CPanel).

xenovanis

I have no idea unfortunately.

Does the ip belong to one of your members? If not, it could be a spammer attempting to post.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

searchgr

There are many error files with different ip's. Is not just one case. Thank you anyway.

GoinNutz

I'm seeing the same exact thing on a couple of boards I run using clean updated SMF 1.1.11 and no mods / no hacks or plugins.

My example is just like the OP's first post - my cPanel errors logs are full of tons of these, for example:

[Thu Jul 07 01:26:06 2010] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/example/public_html/forum/' + smf_images_url + ', referer: http://www.example.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=14234.1365;num_replies=1377

It's not any particular thread or any particular user. It comes from all kinds of IP addresses / users / various threads.

I'm hoping that this thread takes off and maybe some of us can come up with a common denominator or at least a clue as to the underlying cause. Right now it's pretty elusive, because I don't even see anything that correlates with it in the Apache error log on the server.

searchgr

Is the 'InLine Attachments' mod installed in your forum?

GoinNutz

Quote from: searchgr on July 08, 2010, 03:51:06 AM
Is the 'InLine Attachments' mod installed in your forum?

If you were asking me and not the O.P., then no - this issue is happening on a board with NO mods or hacks installed.

searchgr

Thank you. I was thinking that the errors are created by a mod.

GoinNutz

Quote from: GoinNutz on July 08, 2010, 02:37:47 AM
I'm seeing the same exact thing on a couple of boards I run using clean updated SMF 1.1.11 and no mods / no hacks or plugins.

;)

GoinNutz

Quote from: searchgr on July 08, 2010, 01:34:16 PM
Thank you. I was thinking that the errors are created by a mod.
YW.

Now since we seem to have determined:

1. It's NOT just you.

2. It's NOT the server, because I have a bunch of SMF's on a single server (a standard linux/apache/cpanel box) and not all of them produce the error.

3. It is NOT just in SMF version 2. It happens in BOTH SMF 1.x and 2.x

4. It's NOT a mod (it is happending on smf's with no mods installed)

That rules-out a lot!

So then perhaps it's specific themes?

On one of my board where it happens I'm using Black Rain v2 by Crip and PDX-DK by padexx and SMF default (users can choose from the 3).

searchgr

The problem appeared before 1 month. At that period i have installed the iphone theme.

GoinNutz

OK, and I've never used the iphone theme, so maybe it's not a theme issue either.

In this case, I'm truly stumped. I cannot find anything on the server or in the logs that gives me any clue as to what could be causing this.

MultiformeIngegno

I'm getting the same error... the IP is from one of my users...
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

GoinNutz

Looks like this still remains a mystery after all this time. I'm still seeing this issue even with fresh 1.1.13 installs.

searchgr

Arantor

You know, it would probably help to have a live link to the page where this is occurring so that we can take a look into it... right now you've told me that there's a problem but we need to see it for ourselves to start examining *why* it's happening. I have a fair idea why it's happening already, it shouldn't really happen on 2.0 but I guess it's possible. But you guys need to provide some links to pages where it's happening before anyone here can start to investigate.

Advertisement: