News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Final Version

Started by Lolafish, June 29, 2010, 02:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchgr

Most of the mods are updated to rc2 or rc3 (at least the most important ones). I confirm that the smf rc2 is very stable with no problems. My forum is visited by about 500 users on a daily basis.

Kindred

actually, RC2 is not stable, because there are known security issues with it (hence on of the main reasons that RC3 was released)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

searchgr

I have several customized mods. It will be a big story to upgrade and rewrite them again... plus that as i read there is a problem with the 'Paid Subscriptions' built-in mod.

Road Rash Jr.

Just my 2 cents but it seems you are arguing against your points.

1) you may be loosing users by not having the updated services provided in RC3 or a final release. Yet you already provide a (in your words) unique experience for your users with your extensive mods. So it's not likely in my opinion the lack of RC3 or Gold release will have an affect on your users. They typically don't have a clue anyway.
2)you don't upgrade to RC3 because mods aren't being updated for this version. What makes you think the mods you want or use will be updated any faster when the final release is available? My experience has been the final release will be issued when it's ready and not before and an mod updates for that will be released when THEY are ready and not before. Mod updates could take anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on the writers time to devote to it.
Finally, all good things come to he who waits.
From an old fart who realizes to hurry is to miss most of what we rush past.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

searchgr

I have paid for the customized mods. I can update them any time i want but i prefer to wait.
rc3 is not perfect. The issue with the 'paid subscriptions' is very serious for me.

Kindred

please explain the paid subscription issue that you keep mentioning. I looked in the Mantis buglist and noticed only a MINOR issue with paid subscriptions in RC3.  The only other issue that I am aware of was fixed between RC1 and RC2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: searchgr on July 04, 2010, 01:51:20 PM
I have paid for the customized mods. I can update them any time i want but i prefer to wait.
rc3 is not perfect. The issue with the 'paid subscriptions' is very serious for me.

Probably a good decision on your part to wait so your problem is solved, however in my opinion little is accomplished ragging on the crew to hurry up and finish this.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

searchgr

Quote from: Kindred on July 04, 2010, 02:38:26 PM
please explain the paid subscription issue that you keep mentioning. I looked in the Mantis buglist and noticed only a MINOR issue with paid subscriptions in RC3.  The only other issue that I am aware of was fixed between RC1 and RC2

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=388554.msg2685179#msg2685179

Kindred

ah... but it looks like a) a fix was posted so that can be corrected if you have the same problem and b) it's only a problem on some hosts. I was not able to recreate it on my own host...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: