News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

a couple of small glitches

Started by timwilkey, July 04, 2010, 08:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timwilkey

I've spent all morning sorting a conversion from phpBB to SMF, and am very, very happy with it, I'm just getting a couple of recurring problems;

When I tried to activate 2 new members, I got an error message, but went back to the activation screen & they'd been activated, but it still tells me I have 2 members to approve, which I don't.
I didn't keep a record of this error, but I've just gone to delete some inactive members, and now I get this error message, but sure enough, if I go back, the members are gone. Just a little annoying getting an error screen every time. And it's still telling me I have 2 members to approve, which I don't.
This is the message I'm getting:

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
File: /home/sites/ridestreet.co.uk/public_html/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 1904

kat

Hi, Tim and welcome!

Sadly, you don't tell us which version of SMF you're using.

Odd how people always forget that bit of vital information... ;)

timwilkey

xenovanis

Hi, welcome to SMF :)

Could you try this?
Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Recount all forum totals and statistics

and

Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Find and repair any errors?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

kat

timwilkey

Wow, thanks for this advice, worked perfectly!

kat

Advertisement: