News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problems with a forum moved to another host

Started by tatack, July 05, 2010, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: tatack on July 07, 2010, 07:09:25 AM
It was the Joomla/SMF bridge  :-\

Oh! That could be troublesome... Unbridged is advised before moving to another host. Otherwise, it will be problematic. Try to see xenovanis solution. It could work.

tatack

Yes, it works. There was the old path.

In this forum I have loose not only the avatars, but also the forum button images as you can see:
http://www.e-compa.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=59

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tatack

Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 07:21:48 AM
Have you read this? This could be your issue.

Yes, do you think is the same issue?

I have no access to the old ftp, so I can't make the transfers as explained in that link.

FTP could have a lot of problem huh?! For me, I use to zip my site folder into a single file before I downloaded it as backup. I seldom use ftp.

xenovanis

Quote from: tatack on July 07, 2010, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 07:21:48 AM
Have you read this? This could be your issue.

Yes, do you think is the same issue?

I have no access to the old ftp, so I can't make the transfers as explained in that link.

You don't have a backup then? You could upload the attachments from your backup again. Or can't you use ftp on your new site?

Quote from: ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 07, 2010, 11:40:23 AM
FTP could have a lot of problem huh?! For me, I use to zip my site folder into a single file before I downloaded it as backup. I seldom use ftp.

I like ftp, just not FileZilla   :P Been using FTP Commander for years now and I'm very happy with it.

I love your username btw  :D How is it pronounced?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tatack

Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 02:49:22 PM
You don't have a backup then? You could upload the attachments from your backup again. Or can't you use ftp on your new site?

Yes, I have FTP. So, can I try to upload again attachments folder without check "Treat files without extension as ASCII file" ?

xenovanis

Yes, that's the idea. The same goes for the /Themes/classic/images directory, as that seems to be affected as well.

Kill Em All

I use Filezilla and have never had a problem with it.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 02:49:22 PM
I love your username btw  :D How is it pronounced?
Ismail Or Smile? I just add up Abu Fahim so it is easier for people to read it. So now AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ reads as Abu Fahim Ismail.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Is this resolved? Do you require any further assistance with this?

Advertisement: