News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSE75

I've the same problem and i ran that query, here is the results:

ID_BOARD  smallint(5) unsigned      PRI  NULL  auto_increment
ID_CAT tinyint(4) unsigned   MUL 0
childLevel tinyint(4) unsigned     0
ID_PARENT smallint(5) unsigned   MUL 0
boardOrder smallint(5)     0
ID_LAST_MSG mediumint(8) unsigned     0
ID_MSG_UPDATED mediumint(8) unsigned   MUL 0
memberGroups varchar(255)   MUL -1,0
name tinytext      
description text      
numTopics mediumint(8) unsigned     0
numPosts mediumint(8) unsigned     0
countPosts tinyint(4)     0
ID_THEME tinyint(4) unsigned     0
permission_mode tinyint(4) unsigned     0
override_theme tinyint(4) unsigned     0
O Porto é uma Nação
FIFA Manager

Birger_Nord

Quote from: kcunck on January 09, 2006, 02:34:33 PM
It isn't trying to pull any data from phpBB tables.

At this step, the converter is trying to take all the avatars from the smf_messages table and give it the correct height and width. It then updates the height and width in the smf_boards table. This is "Step 10" in the converter code. It isn't that important so I removed the lastUpdated part from the query.

However, after I did that, it was stuck in an endless loop.

After some debugging, I discovered Step 10 isn't programmed correctly and would stay in an endless loop. I changed the code to break out and told it to skip that step alltogether.

Bottom line, you could tell it to skip Step 10. Add a "break;" tag at the beginning of Step 10.

The convertion went okay. I'm not sure if there something that was missing. I uploaded a fresh phpBB and SMF just for fun. And when I encounter error, it isn't that fun afterall.. But thank you for your help..

Ed1t: I think I know what it is now. When I uploaded SMF 1.1 RC2, the upload stopped mysterious. I don't know why, but I resumed with the remaining files.

szinski

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 10, 2005, 02:55:07 AM
It may be because they don't have a width/height which 1.1 now uses.  If this is the case, none of the converters have been updated and so none should work.

None of the image attachments are displaying on my forum (1.1RC2) after upgrading. I checked the attachments table and none of my images have a width or height value. When I manually set a few of them, they display properly.

Relic-Hunter

Where can i find the newest version of the 1.1 Converter ??

The downloadlink in the first post doesn't work so i don't know what to do!

Thanks  ;D
What if the hunter will be hunted?

Harzem

Quote from: Birger_Nord on January 09, 2006, 07:17:47 AM
Converting...
Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `ragnaros_bb2`.smf_boards
    SET ID_LAST_MSG = 2, lastUpdated = 1136808639
    WHERE ID_BOARD = 1
    LIMIT 1;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'lastUpdated' in 'field list'

What should I do to correct this? It's only a test board, but need to be sure in the future.

Easiest error to correct!

Goto SMF admin panel. Forum Maintenance. Click all fixing links there.

Optimize all tables to improve performance.
Check all files against current versions.
Find and repair any errors.
Recount all forum totals and statistics.
Empty out unimportant logs.

Don't forget to use all.

KSE75

O Porto é uma Nação
FIFA Manager

windyweather

I've managed to fix the image size problem - width/height not set correctly for attachment images. Turns out that the directory path was not added to the filename in that step, so it silently failed and ignored the images.

Also I've fixed the infinite loop if avatar images are missing or set with the wrong type in the attachment table.

My fix can be found here:
http://www.windyweather.net/wp/2006/01/11/fix-to-smf-11-convertphp/ [nofollow]

I've managed to convert my phpBB2 board to smf with this. There maybe other problems, my phpBB2 board was pretty simple. phpBB2 2.0.18 to SMF 1.1.RC2.

ww

Edit: code summary removed. See the link for working version.

Ironman2003

HOLY COW!  Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!  Thanks!  Thanks!  and by the way did I say Thanks? 

This script just saved me hours of work with my E107 conversion! 

Didn't convert my personal messages, but that was ok.  :)

SeanK

I am looking for vb 3.5 to 1.1 anything released yet?

MrFurious

HELP!

Just ran the phpBB to SMF converter with 1.1 RC2 and it was unsuccessful in converting the statistics as mentioned above.  The problem is that I can't get beyond that point with the converter (no clue if there's supposed to be anything beyond that or not), and now I'm also locked out of the forum entirely as it says my username doesn't exist.  WTF?  Tried both sets of my login information (new and old forum) and neither will get me in.

Oldiesmann

The statistics is the last part of the converter. Your username and password should be the same as they were in phpBB.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

gweb

I had the similar or same problem
(see post here:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=65677.0))
Fix for me was

a) remove cookies - then I could login
     b) login and goto maintenance - regen stats and fix errors.

best,

dsolodow

I'm having a problem with the yabb convertor.
I can fill in the first screen with paths and passwords no problem, but the next screen shows:

Converting membergroups... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `ferretbb_smf`.smf_membergroups

(groupName, minPosts)

VALUES ('Super User', -1;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5.

Harzem

Do you have a ' character in any of your member groups?

Prasad007

wow! Thanks these are gr8!! :)

ARMistice

Hallo and a very big thanx to you and the makers of SMF,

I love the machine already before starting it :) But ....
I have a quite big forum (1 Gold - SP 1.1) on my site .. its getting old and a bit slow.

So I have to convert it: Found everything .. started .... waited

got some Errors which I ignored:

QuoteConverting members...
Notice: Undefined index: Schlaftablette in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/YabbSE/yabb_to_smf.php on line 1360

Notice: Undefined index: dragon-fly in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/YabbSE/yabb_to_smf.php on line 1360

Notice: Undefined index: Atréju in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/YabbSE/yabb_to_smf.php on line 1360
Incomplete.

But after a while whith about 10000 members imported it seems to stall .. still working but the converter does not step any further.

The Url (substep) which continously increased in it:
http://.../YabbSE/convert.php?step=1&substep=6814&cstep=2&start=0

stops increasing after a few minutes and even drops down:
http://.../YabbSE/convert.php?step=1&substep=814&cstep=2&start=0

A look in the Database shows me a smf_members table which constantly grows .. up to about 10000 and then starts off again at 0 ....

Dont know whats the problem exactly ... Please if somebody can help .. i would be happy

Thanx in advance
          Alex

Benson

Hi,

i'm using the phpbb converter, workes fine, only thing i'm missing now are the birthdays which aren't imported from phpbb. Any chance this gets included into the script? Searched and didn't found anything about it. Just haven't had the time yet to put some queries together, maybe later.

rgds,
Benson

dsolodow

I have no ' or " in any of the member group names. A few of them have spaces, but other then that, it's all letters.

hammad

when i trying to convert my PHPBB to SMf RC

the converter says :

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'hammad_smfrc'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

Harzem

Quote from: hammad on January 19, 2006, 08:20:36 AM
when i trying to convert my PHPBB to SMf RC

the converter says :

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'hammad_smfrc'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

Make sure that the database users are the same for both phpBB and SMF. You probably created a database for SMF with a new user other that phpBB database user.

Advertisement: