News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piwaille

thanks for your quisk answer

I thought I would not write here ...
but I wanted to reprot you...
I had 2 problems

QuoteRecalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `piwaille`.smf_boards
    SET ID_LAST_MSG = 3641, lastUpdated = 1142553444
    WHERE ID_BOARD = 2
    LIMIT 1;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'lastUpdated' in 'field list'

this one... I don't care : I gona re run statistics in SMF

the other one, I had not report : It said it couldn't import avatard
(or something like that)

It not very important too, i will search what was not imported and make it by hand.
Just to give you another report...
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

Harzem

You have solved the first problem correctly, by recalculating the stats.

It should have imported avatars, but your users may re-set their avatars :)

Another possible problem is attachments, if you have the attachment mod on phpBB.

Happy to see you completed the conversion.

Piwaille

Quote from: HarzeM on March 25, 2006, 11:35:55 AM
You have solved the first problem correctly, by recalculating the stats.

well...
after looking at the conversion deeply...
stats are (re)calculated but some are not done...

EG: in the history panel (*) I've just got counted the 2 messages I've tested when the stats count 3562 messages (imported)
(*) i mean where the stats says how many messages (member...)/month

that's not very important
but it's a bit frustrating when I see that members have there sign in date completed, every mesage is (right) dated :(

for the avartar... i've not tested every thing but it seems ok : i've got mine and some users have their.
I don't know yet what was wrong

but i'm steel not finished tuning the forum... so I will synchronize them once again later

[PS] if you are interested in my stats, here they are : http://piwaille.free.fr/forum/index.php?action=stats
Piwaille

Harzem

This stats were not recorded in phpBB, so SMF can't know the past.

SMF only records post stats that was posted on SMF, and the appropriate option is selected.

"but it's a bit frustrating when I see that members have there sign in date completed, every mesage is (right) dated"

Sorry, I had problem understanding your that problem :) Is there a incorrect date somewhere?

Piwaille

sorry for my poor english  :(

just wanted to say that after the import very message has it's own date, every member has the right date for sign in...
so I thaught I could be possible to compute the stats from the beginning of the forum.... since every data is available.

doesn't matter ;)
the great part of the job is well done
Piwaille

ajburnett34

hey im converting from mybb to smf but i got this error while converting topics

INSERT INTO `ajheat34_marlinsclubhouse`.smf_topics
(ID_TOPIC, ID_BOARD, isSticky, ID_POLL, numViews, ID_MEMBER_STARTED, ID_MEMBER_UPDATED, numReplies, locked, ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_LAST_MSG)
VALUES ('527', '27', '0', '0', '675', '1', '127', '29', 'no', '3842', '8209'),
('528', '8', '0', '0', '94', '24', '38', '5', 'no', '3859', '3903'),
('529', '22', '0', '0', '367', '24', '27', '38', 'no', '3868', '4013'),
('530', '8', '0', '0', '46', '38', '24', '1', 'no', '3889', '3891'),
('531', '8', '0', '0', '52', '24', '38', '1', 'no', '3892', '3895'),
('532', '16', '0', '0', '138', '24', '24', '13', 'no', '3897', '4006'),
('534', '16', '0', '0', '180', '1', '', '17', 'yes', '3910', '3935'),
('535', '22', '0', '0', '85', '24', '24', '3', 'no', '3913', '3926'),
('536', '3', '0', '0', '89', '24', '38', '4', 'no', '3915', '3946'),

keeps going and goin..........

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '527' for key 1

ajburnett34

alright the topics error is fixed i deleted that specific topic but now for the posts conversion it tells me the same duplicate error

Duplicate entry '3653' for key 1

Mystique

I need to convert a phpbb 2.0.19 to SMF and nothing seems to work. I get an error that it won't work with current version..

If there is a converter for converting 2.0.19 to smf 1.1RC2 PLEASE give me a link to download and try. All I see mentioned for a latest version is 2.0.18 and .19 has been out for a while now.

Joges

QuoteThe following errors are fouling up your forum:
Topic #1646 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1647 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1648 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1649 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1650 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1651 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1652 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1653 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1654 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1655 is in board #119, which is missing.
Topic #1656 is in board #119, which is missing.
Getting tons of these after "Find and repair any errors." How to get rid of those? Messages that actually don't excist but they are in the database? And yes, I converted from phpBB2

Mystique

This is what I get when trying to convert a phpbb 2.0.19 to smf 1.1rc2......

QuoteThe installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.

So, the phpbb2_to_smf.php converter I downloaded from the converter down load page doesn't work with my phpbb 2.0.19.

Also.. when I tried using the convert.php I got here.. I get this error.

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/*****/public_html/******/forum/convert.php on line 1368
This is line 1368 on the file itself..     LIMIT $_REQUEST['start'], 500");

So, is there a converter that will convert a 2.0.19 phpbb to SMF 1.1rc2??

zuswin

phpnuke7.6 Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `Sql84824_3`.smf_boards
    SET ID_LAST_MSG = 3016, lastUpdated = 1143471397
    WHERE ID_BOARD = 1
    LIMIT 1;

Caused the error:

sorry,but I'm italian

Jauhari

Quote from: Grudge on June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM
I've attached the converters for 1.1 here incase they are of use to people. Please bear in mind these are beta versions - so please report any bugs you may find!

To use the new converters, first upload both "convert.php" and the file named "yoursoftware_to_smf.sql" or "yoursoftware_to_smf.php" to the same directory.  This directory can be either the directory of SMF, that of your previous software (in most cases - except XOOPS, where it should be in the same directory as XOOPS), or any other directory you prefer.  Then, access the convert.php file much like you might install.php or upgrade.php:

hxxp:www.example.com/path/to/convert.php [nonactive]

From there, proceed as directed by the converter.

Grudge

My PunBB is 1.2.11 and get this error :(

Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

UPDATE `fitriari_smf`.fr_boards
    SET ID_LAST_MSG = 32, lastUpdated = 1143989824
    WHERE ID_BOARD = 1
    LIMIT 1;

Caused the error:

what must I do
hxxp:forums.fitriarich.com [nonactive]

Harzem

Go to your SMF admin panel > Forum Maintenance > "Recalculate forum totals and statistics"

and you are done ;)

Mystique

Now this is really frustrating. I removed all mods from my phpbb 2.0.19, I have a fresh install of smf 1.1rc2 I cleaned out my sql database to make sure nothing of the mods to phpbb were left behind. And I still get the same damn errors.

I even tried it with another phpbb 2.0.19 forum I have that never had any mods.. and I get the same error about the
QuoteThe installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter.
I don't know HOW any of the others were able to convert their 2.0.19 to smf1.1rc2 at all. I can't get past the step 1 screen and error message. And even when I try the other way using that convert.php.. it gives the same error.

They each have their own db and the converter points to both the right way and password is fine. They are on same server and everything. It just can't get past the VERSION error.

Anyone know how to IMPORT at least members and/or topics/posts only from phpbb2 to smf 1.1rc2? I don't know how to export the phpbb_user list from phpbb to the smf_member file via phpmyadmin in my Cpanel. Otherwise, I would move what I need manually.

Mystique

Oh my god.. it finally worked.. with the new convert.php file that was uploaded to that other thread.. it FINALLY converted my 2.0.19phpbb to the smf1.1rc2.. Now to see if EVERYTHING WORKED I got all successes in the results but now to make sure it really was a full success.

UPDATE:: Well, all seems to have moved nicely. Only thing I had to do was remove the php usergroups I really didn't need along with adjusting the user levels. Haven't hit any problems so far. Just waiting to see if all my members can log in with id and pw. Only ones I have been able to test are the accounts that are mine. It's an RPG forum and I have like 7 characters. All mine work fine. Images all seemed to migrate nicely as well as profile information for each member. If I do find any problems, I will post.

This is a Conversion from a phpbb 2.0.19 that had it's own mods. I removed the installed mods and such first.. and it was the updated convert.php file posted here that FINALLY worked.

apc

Hi,

Could someone please give me the location of the latest convert.php suitable for PHPBB 2.0.11 to SMF?

Thanks!

Harzem

It depends on which SMF version you are converting to :)

SMF 1.1 RC2 convertor is in the first message of this topic.
SMF 1.0.7 convertor can be found on the downloads page.

apc

Quote from: HarzeM on April 15, 2006, 11:20:22 AM
It depends on which SMF version you are converting to :)

SMF 1.1 RC2 convertor is in the first message of this topic.
SMF 1.0.7 convertor can be found on the downloads page.

Thanks; it is currently 1.0.5 which I am testing pending the full release 1.1.

On the downloads page if I click the link I get taken to a page called "downloads" and if I click the "try again" link I get this page: http://www.simplemachines.org/download/index.php/phpbb2_to_smf.php

Which is the raw code and not a file download.

Do I just copy the code and pase it to an editor and then save it as "converter.php"?

Thanks.

Harzem

No, the link you provide downloads the file directly for me. Try using a different browser.

apc

Quote from: HarzeM on April 15, 2006, 12:00:29 PM
No, the link you provide downloads the file directly for me. Try using a different browser.

Thanks; Firefox downloaded it fine  :)

I ran the phpbb2_to_smf.php script from the smf directory, but I got this error:

"Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it".

Both forums are separately running fine.  Is this the correct method?

Advertisement: