News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoot

Hi there

For me everything went succesful only that when I went and opened the posts they all have VISIBLE tags, i.e: HTML tags are all visible why is that ?

Cheers
TheRoot

mijo

Quote from: modcase on May 15, 2006, 06:47:03 AM
Quote from: patchster on February 12, 2006, 08:07:51 AM
ok  first i tried it with rc2 then i got an error bringing over my posts from my XOOPS 2.0.9.2 based site using NewBB 2.0 version 2.02  with your 1.1 converter
its brought over the members/users names data but none of the catagories/topics/posts or anything at all
i have this error
...Converting boards... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
forum_id AS ID_BOARD, cat_id AS ID_CAT, forum_name AS name,
forum_desc AS description, forum_topics AS numTopics,
IF(forum_access = 1, '0,2', IF(forum_access = 3, '', '0,-1,2')) AS memberGroups,
forum_posts AS numPosts
FROM `gamehacking`.xoops_bb_forums
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'forum_access' in 'field list'

Having the exact same error here. Ill post if I find a solution. (all members etc copy over, no posts)

Any fixes yet?

Funky Diver

OK, had a go at converting e107 v0.7 to SMF

Had to change a load of the field names in the e107_to_SMF.sql file, but in the end got there.

Unsuccessfuly  :-[ lol

Converting ranks...Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting additional member groups... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board access... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting banned users...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/hardboi/public_html/ukcnn/Forum/convert.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/hardboi/public_html/ukcnn/Forum/convert.php(653) : eval()'d code on line 47
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed sucessfully. If you have or had any problems with this converter, or need help using SMF, please feel free to look to us for support.
Please check this box to delete the converter right now for security reasons. (doesn't work on all servers.)

Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the e107 installation.

We hope you had a smooth transition!

The majority of the information it did convert, users, forums titles, thread count, etc. BUT it didn't copy any of the thread content across at all, even though it says Successful (and that part of the code remained unchanged, and as you can see it had issues with the convert.php)

hxxp:ukcnn.co.uk/Forum/e107_to_SMF.sql [nonactive] <<< that's the amended file if anyone has any use for it.

Regarding the convert.php I haven't got a clue.  I'm afraid php and me get on like heat and chocolate.

Help anyone??

(ps, I had to add a couple of table fields in, regarding image attachments (height, size, image type, name) and also had to change e107_polls to e107_poll to get it past a couple of areas...)

Funky Diver

Also, mooching through the PHPmyAdmin..

I wondered if any data had copied across and got the following messages when I clicked on "browse" for the messages Body field..

QuoteUNIQUE and INDEX keys should not both be set for column `ID_TOPIC`
More than one INDEX key was created for column `ID_MEMBER`

Could this lead us to conclude that the convert.php script has ballsed it up?

cyberjack

phpbb to smf i have a problem

UPDATE `xxxxx_phpb1`.smf_boards
SET ID_LAST_MSG = 1105, lastUpdated = 1148885794
WHERE ID_BOARD = 1
LIMIT 1;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'lastUpdated' in 'field list'

Harzem

'lastUpdated' error is usually when you are using a converter for a different version of SMF.

cyberjack

hmmm, i used it with phpbb 2.0.20 to SMF 1.1RC2

But after the convert now it is working, only groups are not true there lots of wrong group names i manually delte them :)

Thank you

Jobarr

I just tried to convert from phpbb and all messages, user names, titles, forum names, etc. that contain special characters (such as ä,ö,ü,ß) are chopped off right where the special character should be. For example, "Ich weiß nicht" becomes "Ich wei". Can someone help me please?

theozsnowman

Hi wondering if someone can help me out...

Im trying to upgrade from a supermod 3.0 board to SMF 1.1 and the converter appears to have done everythign bar the categories and boards conversions

I get the errors:

QuoteConverting boards...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/stadmin/public_html/forum/yabbse_to_smf.php on line 501

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/stadmin/public_html/forum/yabbse_to_smf.php on line 511
successful.

any one have any ideas on how to fix this (on a server running php 5.0.5 and mysql 5... which is why ive upgraded)

Oldiesmann

Try the convert.php from this topic with the yabbse_to_smf.sql file from the first post in this topic. The one you're using is for SMF 1.0.x, although Supermod is a lot different than a standard YaBB SE installation as well. After trying that one, post back here and report any errors that you get, and I'll try to modify the converter to deal with the issues. However, it still won't convert some things that weren't in YaBB SE (such as sub-boards).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

skydig

Here is my mod to the e107 to smf converter.

I made some changes in order to make it work with an e107 v0.7 database.

I had to deactivate polls and private messages conversion as they caused bugs and were not really useful to me.

Be careful though, if you have not actived "extended user fields" in e107, you will get errors.

Statistics conversion fails but it's not important anyway.

Get it there : http://skydig.free.fr/e107_to_smf.sql [nofollow]
@ pliss

theozsnowman

Quote from: Oldiesmann on June 05, 2006, 11:17:53 AM
Try the convert.php from this topic with the yabbse_to_smf.sql file from the first post in this topic. The one you're using is for SMF 1.0.x, although Supermod is a lot different than a standard YaBB SE installation as well. After trying that one, post back here and report any errors that you get, and I'll try to modify the converter to deal with the issues. However, it still won't convert some things that weren't in YaBB SE (such as sub-boards).

Ive uploaded the convert.php file and ran it but got a message asking:

QuoteWhich software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!

I had the yabbse_to_smf.php file already in the same folder and when i run it everythign converts except the  boards and topics tables

with the error:

QuoteConverting boards...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/stadmin/public_html/forum/yabbse_to_smf.php on line 501

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/stadmin/public_html/forum/yabbse_to_smf.php on line 511
successful.

Shax

Mybb to SMF is a dead link  :(

Planet_Dust

Trouble with converting phpbb2 to SMF:
"Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:
UPDATE `games`.smforum_boards
SET ID_LAST_MSG = 2, lastUpdated = 1147702636
WHERE ID_BOARD = 1
LIMIT 1;
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'lastUpdated' in 'field list'"

What i do wrong??

Harzem

You're done, lekapb. Just go to
SMF admin panel > Forum maintenance > Recalculate forum totals and statistics
and you've finished converting ;)

Planet_Dust

Quote from: HarzeM on June 12, 2006, 06:05:28 AM
You're done, lekapb. Just go to
SMF admin panel > Forum maintenance > Recalculate forum totals and statistics
and you've finished converting ;)
thx very much! :) SMF is best forum engine!

Grimsby

Trying to convert from phpBB in phpNuke to SMF 1.07. I run the converter and nothing happens, just get a blank page; no errors, nada.

This is on a clean install of SMF and phpBB is bbtonuke 2.06. Any help greatly appreciated!

Edit - Just realized the converter is for smf 1.1, so I'm now upgrading to 1.1rc2 & will try again.

Fingers crossed...

triath

Trying to convert phpbb2 to SMF 1.1 RC2 but keep getting a database error.

This one if I use the phpbb database password.
QuoteThe database password you entered was incorrect. Please make sure you are using the right password (for the SMF user!) and try it again. If in doubt, use the password from Settings.php in the SMF installation.

And this one if I use the SMF database password.
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Access denied for user: 'dbo167754793@%' to database 'db167042953'

I know the password is right, i've gotten it straight from the settings.php file.

Harzem

Your SMF database username should have access to both databases. Currently, your smf database user has access only to smf database, and your phpBB database user only has access to phpBB database.

But your SMF database user should have access to both databases. This is easily set in cPanel, but difficult in Plesk.

stevendwfg

Hello all, I am getting this issue, can you help?Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `smfdwfg`.smf_members...

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'pm_email_notify' in 'field list'

Advertisement: